So I'm thinking that future jailbreaks are...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
just never going to happen. It is because the new IOS are just too complex and secure for anyone to jailbreak, or is it because the people that used to do this just dont want to any longer?

I'm just curious why?
I miss my jailbreak...

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Incorrect, actually a jailbreak for 9.2.x/9.3.x should be coming along. News just broke earlier this week about a key part of jailbreak being achieved for it. Most of the jailbreak efforts will be probably be focused on iOS 10 at this point though. Jailbreaking is achieved every new iOS update by the people who make the jailbreak utility tools. The trick is to jailbreak in a fashion that a tool can be made and used consistently with success. So don't lose hope yet, jailbreaking isn't dead yet.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Actually it was three new iOS vulnerabilities used for jailbreaking were released this week. By reputable jailbreakers. You should check out r/jailbreak on Reddit. They're staying up to date with everything jailbreak.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Jailbreaking doesn't add much functionality as it used to like 2-3 years ago. I guess at this point jailbreaking is for people who like themes and such.

The biggest benefits of jailbreaking are already integrated by  in iOS.

My last jailbreaking was on iOS 7. Since iOS 8 I don't feel the need for it anymore.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreaking doesn't add much functionality as it used to like 2-3 years ago. I guess at this point jailbreaking is for people who like themes and such.

My last jailbreaking was on iOS 7. Since iOS 8 I don't feel the need for it anymore.

I agree somewhat. Since I got the SE, I've noticed the things I really miss are swipe selection, and virtua home.
That being said, activator is a game changer. I don't like manually having to set my brightness. I don't like having to change phone volume when I connect my headphones, etc...
Also emulation third party controllers and kodi.
If I knew there'd be no jailbreak, and Android had a good 4"phone, I'd switch today.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes having something like kodi is a game changer love it upsetting that kodi and other apps like that aren't in the App Store that is a great program! If Apple loosened up a bit with things like that would definitely be better

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

While a agree to a point that a lot of the functions of older jailbreaks have been integrated into recent versions of IOS, there are still a lot of JB features not "yet" available in the stock IOS.. I'm hoping that someone comes out with a new jb and releases it to the public...

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
While a agree to a point that a lot of the functions of older jailbreaks have been integrated into recent versions of IOS, there are still a lot of JB features not "yet" available in the stock IOS.. I'm hoping that someone comes out with a new jb and releases it to the public...

Give it time qwertyuiop has already gotten Cydia on iOS 10 on his personal computer and iPhone. I'm sure someone will get one out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2