- iMore Newbie
- 22 Posts
Can someone please help me with jailbreaking an iPad?
I am trying to jailbreak my mom's new iPad Air which is running iOS 8.4. I have never done this before and I am completely confused. I tried following the directions on the Guide My Jailbreak website. I downloaded the TaiG Jailbreak Tool V2.4.3 for iOS 8.1.3-8.4 but it will not open. When I tried to open it by running as administrator it says Please download the latest version of TaiG Jailbreak. I know I can't update iOS because there is no jailbreak for it. I am completely lost, can someone please tell me what to do now?
Thank you so much.
- 06-14-2016, 07:48 PM #2
Re: Can someone please help me with jailbreaking an iPad?
Welcome to iMore! I don't personally jailbreak but we have a subforum dedicated to the subject. You should check it out. There's a ton of useful information and some very knowledgeable members that hang out over there.
Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
Why are you jailbreaking your mom's brand new iPad Air? Honestly, if you don't know what you're doing you really shouldn't be messing with it. If you brick the device you'll essentially void your mom's warranty. So, unless there's a reason you absolutely have to jailbreak, I recommend leaving things alone.
- By shodipo in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 26Last Post: 08-15-2016, 01:47 AM
- By Oscar Atlas in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-19-2016, 10:28 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-14-2016, 08:39 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-14-2016, 06:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPadReplies: 1Last Post: 06-14-2016, 06:25 PM