iphone 4s error 3919 cannot restore help!

GP540

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello from crackberry land iphone friends.

I am seeking assistance in recovering a iphone for a colleague of mine.

Long story short:
Previously jailbroken
Issue:
1:device boots to the lock screen then appears to "respring" loads the apple logo with loading bar then goes to pin wheel forever. Attempted letting die charging and no change (multiple full discharges)

2: error 3919 trying to recover in itunes (dfu) and (recovery) (attempted changes to host file both a single line of code and then one with multiple lines)
(Turn off firewalls so on so forth.)
(Failure on Mac and PC)

3: cannot boot to safe mode with volume rocker (apple logo to pinwheel)

Observations on boot when done very fast:
open camera gives warning about low memory
Can get device to actually shut off via software
Lots of notifications coming in(sounds)

Any ideas would be greeted with open arms!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Unusual error code, one I've never come across before.
Also unusual hardware issues. If you hold home and power for ~8 seconds phone should power down. Does this happen?
You say you cannot power off through software, what software state are you in? Is there an actual iOS on the device still that you can boot into?
You said you can't enter safe mode, is this device on iOS 5 maybe? Before substrate-less mode was introduced?
Are you sure you are in DFU MODE? Are you plugging your phone into the computer, shutting the phone down, then holding power for three seconds, while continuing to hold power hold home button for ten seconds, then while still holding home button, let go of power, but continue to hold home button for additional 15 seconds?
If you are only holding home and power together you aren't in DFU mode. I've seen/heard too many people claiming to be in DFU and only be in recovery.
Are you sure you have a good sync cable?
Are you using usb 2 ports? Some older pcs have usb 1 on the front and this can cause issues as iTunes expects results in a quicker manner?

So, you need a known good computer, that you know you have never messed with the hosts. You need a good fully updated iTunes. You need a known good iTunes. You need to know for a fact you are in DFU mode.

If you have all that, and you still get that error (really 3919?) then I would put it on a hardware failure. It's 99% impossible to brick a phone through software stuff alone.

GP540

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Yes I sure it is in dfu device seen by itunes nothing on screen. Error code I posted was incorrect (my bad) 3194

3194 3194 3194 not 3919

I've tried multiple USB ports and computers and a mac.

To clarify
the device boots when unplugged for maybe 3-4 seconds on the lock screen then displays apple logo with loading bar under it loads about 1/4 way then displays pinwheel.
(I see lock screen hear notifications and can get to camera app if im very fast.

When plugged in (wall or USB port) the device does not display any part of Ios apple logo (no loading line) to pinwheel. (itunes sees for 1 second then device connection lost)

When device in recovery ( USB and itunes logo) itunes sees device error3194 during restore

When device in dfu (blank black display) 3194 error during restore.

I have changed my host file twice

Adding
74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
And a second 2 line host (can't remember off off top of my head)

Hopefully this clears up the confusion.

GP540

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I had replied with a long clearly detailed information but the reply didn't take...

It's actualy error 3194 my bad.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had replied with a long clearly detailed information but the reply didn't take...

It's actualy error 3194 my bad.

So 3194 is definitely a communication issue. Usually caused by hosts. But you might just have a hardware problem as well.
I'd eliminate anything apple related from the hosts file. And just to make sure, you're saving the hosts file properly after you fix it? Like no extension?

GP540

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Correct no extension and I added the lines to clean host file when it didn't work already. The device unplugged boots to Ios lock screen for maybe 5 seconds I can open camera app before it's goes to pinwheel.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR