Is there a hack to solve my 3g problem?

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I own an iphone 6s. My network transmits 3g on 2100mhz and 900 mhz. My network prioritises the 2100mhz so basically my signal has to go down to nearly 120db before it tunes into the 900mhz tower which to me is messy and potentialy could cause a missed call. If i jail break my phone is there an app or a hack to stop this from happening? I gather it's the carrier file that controls this?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, hmmm maybe the carrier file could be hacked ...

I'll be up front, I've read your original post probably about 30 times since you made it and I can't understand it at all. So I never offered up an answer, but in wondering if you are looking for these types of tweaks, which may be of use to you when you are jailbroken. You may at least want to tweet at the Dev of these?
http://www.itweakios.com/carriercrack/

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Apologies about my first post, i probably wrote it on my phone in a hurry. Basically my network transmits 2 bands of 3G in built up areas, 2100mhz and 900mhz.. In lesser populated areas the towers only transmit 900mhz...

I'm guessing my network doesn't have a lot of space on the 900mhz band so the network makes sure my phone stays on the 2100mhz band at all costs. Unless the signal goes very low on 2100mhz my phone as a last resort will then connect to the 900mhz band. The result of this is I could be standing right next to a 900mhz tower but my phone would rather stay connected to a 2100mhz tower some miles away which could have only one bar of signal when i should be enjoying full clean signal. Not good for battery life and possible missed calls. Of course toggling the airplane mode forces a connection. I just thought if that is controlled in the carrier file that a tweak could make my phone not discriminate the 900mhz band lol.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods