Help, My IPad Mini is beeping when I try to charge it

Filp1010

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
My iPad Mini 2 contantly beeps every time I plug it in to charge with the original cable in came with and it won't charge. Could this have something to do with Jailbreaking it? I didn't have this issue before Jailbreaking it. I used cable that came with my iPhone and it works fine. I am using iOS 8.4

It is still under warranty and I was told I have to bring in my device for them to test it first before they can give me a new cable. So I guess that means I have to restore my iPad mini 2 and re-jailbrake it. What is the current Jailbreak for IPad mini 2 and Do you suggest I bring it in to Apple before the warranty is up?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
My iPad Mini 2 contantly beeps every time I plug it in to charge with the original cable in came with and it won't charge. Could this have something to do with Jailbreaking it? I didn't have this issue before Jailbreaking it. I used cable that came with my iPhone and it works fine. I am using iOS 8.4

It is still under warranty and I was told I have to bring in my device for them to test it first before they can give me a new cable. So I guess that means I have to restore my iPad mini 2 and re-jailbrake it. What is the current Jailbreak for IPad mini 2 and Do you suggest I bring it in to Apple before the warranty is up?

Have you tried putting it into no substrate mode and seeing if the issue persists?

I think it will. I think it is not jailbreak related.
I think you have a defective sync cable

Filp1010

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey 3cit, Thanks for your suggestions. I tried putting it in safe mode but it does not seem to work...Is that substrate mode?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Kinda. I don't know the exact difference. But no substrate is when you power phone off, then hold the volume up button while rebooting it.

Do you have a different cable?

Filp1010

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi 3cit, I tried that method but I doesn't seem to work. I can't tell if it's in substrate mode. How would I know if it is in that mode?

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi 3cit, I tried that method but I doesn't seem to work. I can't tell if it's in substrate mode. How would I know if it is in that mode?

Well, your tweaks (most) wouldn't work. So if you have an ad blocker, or hosts file, open up safari, Do a Google search, see off you can click on the "ad links" that are always the first results.
Or if you he any lockscreen tweaks like forecast, or jelly lock, they wouldn't be working, so you'd have the normal stock iOS lockscreen.
If you have anything that changes your status bar, like hidemex, the elements wouldn't be hidden or custom. Five icon dock, or springtomize, or anchor, things that change the visual appearance is always the easiest way to tell if you are in no substrate mode?
I still feel like it's the chord though, like very strongly, like almost guarantee it? there has got to be a way you have access to a different sync cable.

Filp1010

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey 3cit, Thanks so much for the detailed advice. Seems like my jailbreak is not working properly or something. I have winterboard installed but for some reason it does not show up anymore. And everything I install from Cydia does not show up in settings and there are no changes.

I am going to restore my ipad mini 2, then I am going to test it with the original power cable. If it starts to beep again then I know it's not the Jailbreak then I will use my iPhone charger's power block which has been working and if it stops beeping then I know I have to switch the powerblock instead of the cable. Then I can call Apple or ask them to send me a replacement.

After that is done I will update my ipad to the latest ios and update itunes then Jailbreak. Thanks soooooo much 3cit!!...You really helped me a lot. I'll let you know how things go.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If it's not too late, winter board doesn't work perfect yet in ios9 and you might not have preference loader which would be why your tweaks don't show in settings. If you do upgrade/restore you will not be a jailbreak opportunity until a new jailbreak is released.

Filp1010

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey 3cit, I just restored my Ipad mini 2 to 9.2. I used the original cable and charger block and I had no beeping but I had to wiggle the charging cable in the port to get it to connect or wiggle the charging block.

I tried both charging blocks and looks like sometimes it connects and starts charging and sometimes it does not connect. So I figure it's a problem with the charging cable and blocks or maybe a problem with the charging port.

I drop by Apple in a couple of days and keep you posted.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods