- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Factory reset jailbroken 4S... Won't do anything?
So I have a 4S that has been jailbroken for several months. I just got a 5S and transferred all data from the 4 to the 5, so now that's my phone, and my mother was going to use the 4. We went to AT&T to get the numbers and service transferred. The 5 was activated with no problem. However, they needed to factory reset the 4. (Both phones are on iOS 9, FYI). After the reset, the AT&T employee said that it would not load, because apparently the software was gone too. Now, after looking it up, I've learned that you shouldn't factory reset a jailbroken phone, so I know that. Also, she said that she tried using iTunes and running it in DFU mode, but she said she wasn't able to. So, what it does, it just turns halfway on, gets to the apple logo and the loading bar, loads all the way, and stays like that. Doesn't do anything else. Someone please help, my mom needs it because she previously had a Samsung S4, and, you know, those are crap. So that's where I'm at.
- 12-04-2015, 06:57 PM #2
- 38,490 Posts
Re: Factory reset jailbroken 4S... Won't do anything?
Turn the iPhone 4S off while connected to a power source and let it charge for an hour or so. Afterwards, put the device in DFU mode, connect it to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app (preferably the latest version) and then select to restore it. Make sure the computer is connected to the internet. It may take several tries but the restore will eventually take.
- 02-06-2016, 10:41 PM #3
- By erelvin in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 12-04-2015, 07:07 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2015, 12:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 12-04-2015, 10:06 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-04-2015, 10:03 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2015, 09:43 AM