iphone 4s issues, wont boot and cant dump shsh

Mike Evert

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I had a previously jailbroken iphone 4s running ios 8.3. I was getting it ready to give to my father, as I just bought a iphone 6s. I restored the iphone from settings, to preserve the ios 8.3, because ios 9 is dreadfully slow on an iphone 4s. However, when I restored the device from settings, it went as normal, but wont boot past the apple logo. I tried to dump the shsh blobs for it using tinyumbrella and redsn0w but neither worked. I need the shsh because The only way I can see to recover the phone is to upgrade to ios 9.0.2, then downgrade back to 8.3. I really dont know much about this part of the jailbreaking scene so any help is much appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't jailbreak my devices, but hopefully someone who does will respond soon. Having said that, if you're going to give your iPhone 4S to your dad, let him decide if iOS 9.0.2 is sufficient for him or not.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I had a previously jailbroken iphone 4s running ios 8.3. I was getting it ready to give to my father, as I just bought a iphone 6s. I restored the iphone from settings, to preserve the ios 8.3, because ios 9 is dreadfully slow on an iphone 4s. However, when I restored the device from settings, it went as normal, but wont boot past the apple logo. I tried to dump the shsh blobs for it using tinyumbrella and redsn0w but neither worked. I need the shsh because The only way I can see to recover the phone is to upgrade to ios 9.0.2, then downgrade back to 8.3. I really dont know much about this part of the jailbreaking scene so any help is much appreciated.

You can't use the reset all from settings. You will need to restore and unfortunately you can't go to any iOS except for 9.0.2.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
well, can I still recover the shsh blobs from the 8.3 currently on the device and restore back down to 8.3 when I update?

Nope.
No downgrading unless you are on an a4 or below device (iPhone 4 and earlier)

I think there is some kind of methods where you can restore to iOS 6.1.3? Odessyus or something?
I'm pretty dumb on that matter though as I skipped iOS 6 entirely, and don't have any real world experience with it.

TL/DR
iOS 8 is NOT an option for you anymore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox