My iPhone 3g displays no service or if there's service,the screen won't work. What could be going wrong?

I

iMore Question

My iphone 3g displays no service or if there's service,the screen won't work.

My iphone 3g has been jailbroken for almost a year by my brother.when he gave it to me few months i go,i explored everything and realized that some apps are not working anymore so this is what i did.
1. i went to app market then cydia packages.
2. I went to 'manage' and displayed there are the packages that are installed in my phone.
3.on the upper right side, there's a button that says 'upgrade' then i click it(thinking it will fix the problems of some unresponsive apps.)
4.the phone seems to be upgrading then it shows a button on the bottom that says 'respring'.i click it thinking that it is the final step of the upgrade.
5.the phone was reboot automatically but the screen becomes unresponsive.
6.i tried to restart it by the trick i learned using the volume up button then the screen work again but there is no service anymore.
7. when i turn it off again and turn on normally, it goes back to the unresponsive screen but has service;then, after doing the volume up button, the screen works but no service.
can i get some help here?!i know what i did to my phone was so stupid and lame but i really want to fix it...please..

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: My iphone 3g displays no service or if there's service,the screen won't work.

An iPhone3g is an old device and it could be an irreparable hardware issue that's the root of your problems.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: My iphone 3g displays no service or if there's service,the screen won't work.

I'm not sure what you can do to fix this. The only thing I can think of is to plug it into iTunes and upgrade. But the problems are you will lose the jailbreak and I'm not sure what OS you could upgrade to for a 3GS. I know mine is running great on iOS6, just slower than on iOS 5.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711