[SOLVED] Stuck at 60% with TaiG

sammyandsam

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to jailbreak my iPod 5th gen. It currently has iOS 8.4. When it gets to 60% restarting device, it does nothing on my iPod. It just keeps saying its restarting then it says jailbreak failed.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Stuck at 60% with TaiG

I kept running into this problem and my solution was this:

- I backed up my device on iTunes

- Restored the device as new

- Made sure I added my Apple ID to it as well as keeping Find My iPad off

- Jailbroke with TAIG

- Restored my backup after the jailbreak

I had to do this on both of my iPads because of the same 60% problem. The one thing those two iPads had in common was that they had both previously been restored with iCloud backups as opposed to iTunes backups.

sammyandsam

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

- Jailbroke with TAIG

I had to do this on both of my iPads because of the same 60% problem. The one thing those two iPads had in common was that they had both previously been restored with iCloud backups as opposed to iTunes backups.

Wait, did you stay signed into iCloud and had Find My iPad off?

sammyandsam

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I had find my ipad off. I was logged into iCloud, still. But when I restored as new and tried the jailbreak, Taig wouldn't do anything until I logged into iCloud.

Nope, still gets stuck at 60%. If I do what you did, wouldn't it remove the jailbreak after you restore your stuff back on?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Nope, still gets stuck at 60%. If I do what you did, wouldn't it remove the jailbreak after you restore your stuff back on?

Did you make sure to turn off passcode(if you have one) and set the display to never lock? When I jailbroke my 6plus I turned off passcode/touch id, display to never turn off, and turned off find my iPhone. It's important that your phone never gets interrupted during the jailbreak process so you might wanna try it with airplane mode on as well.

sammyandsam

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

Did you make sure to turn off passcode(if you have one) and set the display to never lock? When I jailbroke my 6plus I turned off passcode/touch id, display to never turn off, and turned off find my iPhone. It's important that your phone never gets interrupted during the jailbreak process so you might wanna try it with airplane mode on as well.

I did everything you said.

I'm trying what someone else said, backing up my device, restoring, jailbreaking, then adding the backup back on.

sammyandsam

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

- Jailbroke with TAIG

Thanks! I got it working now. I jailbreak my device and got my stuff on it.