Is iMore Anti-Jailbreak?!

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
An iOS 8.3 jailbreak by the TaiG team has been available for a couple of days not but not one article about this on iMore. Just curious why?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Speaking for myself an no one else... Not so much anti-jailbreak as meh-jailbrek... The interest was small to begin with, and is getting smaller.

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Speaking for myself an no one else... Not so much anti-jailbreak as meh-jailbrek... The interest was small to begin with, and is getting smaller.

I agree with this. I feel like there is definitely less interest in jailbreak than a few years ago. I could be wrong though. I know for a fact that I'm not interested any longer.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
And those who are interested can find things out themselves. Good that we are at least allowed to discuss jailbreak here. :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I totally agree. Life's too short to spend it screwing around with jailbreak. I tried it a long time ago, and just don't see the utility of it. Stock iOS works well for me, and is more secure.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it wise to publish articles in an iOS app on a subject Apple is down on and tries to prevent. Some sites with their own app won't mention jailbreak except in a section not included in their app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If iMore was anti-jailbreak it wouldn't have an entire section devoted to jailbreaking. The TaiG jailbreak you mentioned is being discussed daily here in the forums and thus no need to create an article about it. Those who jailbreak know where to go to find the answers they seek. Besides, numerous other tech blogs/sites have already mentioned that specific jailbreak so there's no need for the iMore Blog to rehash it, in my opinion...:)

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If iMore was anti-jailbreak it would have an entire section devoted to jailbreaking. The TaiG jailbreak you mentioned is being discussed daily here in the forums and thus no need to create an article about it. Those who jailbreak know where to go to find the answers they seek. Besides, numerous other tech blogs/sites have already mentioned that specific jailbreak so there's no need for the iMore Blog to rehash it, in my opinion...:)

The jailbreak section here is "dwindling" to put it nicely?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Might be a skewed perspective depending on where you spend time on the Internet? follow some of the major developers on Twitter or head over to r/jailbreak on reddit and see how fanatical people are

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The jailbreak section here is "dwindling" to put it nicely?

U definitely agree jailbreaking is why I came here i was a noob and I had a question and Googled it and it brought me here and opened my eyes to everything else on here

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Silly topic really. I partiallt feel it's a age thing. The age range of current jail breakers seems be mostly younger generation. I for one like it for couple reasons. Don't particularly care for red badges. I like ability customize my icons. Meaning themes basically. And the only cache cleaner ever seems work and frees up ton space on my iPad is icleaner. There are some tweaks I could never understand why people would even install though honestly. But for me is theming purposes. However I do think this particular website is a bit on the I dunno how say it anti would mean no discussion, but a lot of times ask jailbreak question u get chewed a new one put it nicely. It's like word jail break lets loose a pack of rabid hounds.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
iMore is definitely not anti-jailbreak. It seems like interest is dwindling. Even my Android friends who were into rooting 5 years ago aren't doing it anymore. I definitely don't have the time to troubleshoot my phone from JB issues to have a custom look. I look forward more to stock iOS updates than any JB tweaks.
There's so much more that can be done on a stock iPhone now as opposed to 4-5 years ago and 3rd party apps that don't require a JB that can accomplish certain task that required JB in the past. It's possible users are moving more to unbox it power it on and go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk