Why am I unable to download apps after 8.1.2 Jailbreak?

Ralib Allen

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Unable to download apps after 8.1.2 Jailbreak

So a while ago I decided to jailbreak my iPad, and I noticed my device wouldnt let me download apps from the appstore. The blue circle would just keep spinning, and then turn grey when I pressed it. The only thing I can do to temporarily solve it is to change my language to Spanish or something other than English and then once it has resprung, change it back to English. This lets me download app store apps for a while until I either reboot or respring. This is annoying doing this evertime though and I'd really like to know if there are any permanent solutions, or if anyone else has had this problem?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unable to download apps after 8.1.2 Jailbreak

Why don't you try restoring then starting the jailbreak process over again?

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

This problem affects many different people on iOS 8 and does not seem to be jailbreak related as it affects people who are not jailbroken as well.
There are multiple threads on apples forum about it.
I don't know of a sure fire solution that will make the problem go away forever.

Why don't you try restoring then starting the jailbreak process over again?

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

How exactly would he do this?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

This problem affects many different people on iOS 8 and does not seem to be jailbreak related as it affects people who are not jailbroken as well.
There are multiple threads on apples forum about it.
I don't know of a sure fire solution that will make the problem go away forever.

You've always got an awesome response. OP, take his advice. I'm highly sure it's the right route.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Cuz I've heard that some people have success with clearing jailbreak stuff using semi-restore, but I've never had enough guts to try something like that.
Also I've head that ilexrat is just a jailbreak killing machine lately so I definitely would stay away from that!
But had anyone here used semi-restore with success to clear out a jailbreak?

Or maybe first, just try to boot in no substrate mode (power device down, then hold volume up as you power device back on) and see if you are able to download and update apps then.

dcharleyultra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

I forget. Does Reset All Settings work on a jailbroken device?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2