unjailbreaking question

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I got a question about un-jailbreaking my iPhone.
its an iPhone 6 plus, running 8.1.2.
I want to un-jailbreak it because I am selling it.
I downloaded the right ipsw file, (iphone7,1_8.1.2_12B440_Restore.ipsw)
I open up iTunes, hold the option key then hit restore and then click on the file.
I can see it decompressing then it gives me an error.

"The phone "Dimitri's iPhone" could not be restored, This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

I the build is right, 12B440, I downloaded the file from 10 different sources, same error.

Can anyone shed some light?

I have check my host file, the line has the following:

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
# 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

thanks

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way to unjailbreak an iDevice is to restore it in iTunes. Yes, you will go to the latest iOS version, which is 8.2 but that's not really an issue here I wouldn't think, especially if you are selling the device.

It's not like rooting and unrooting an Android device; you don't have to mess about with sideloading, you can just unjailbreak with a restore. Easy.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Since you're jailbroken you'll probably need to do a DFU restore to avoid any potential problems during the restore. Also remember to turn off your iCloud and find my iPhone. That will persist through all restores

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I am not trying to downgrade, I am on 8.1.2, I was under the impression that you can restore with the same iOS version regardless

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am not trying to downgrade, I am on 8.1.2, I was under the impression that you can restore with the same iOS version regardless

With iOS you have to restore to the current version Apple is signing which is 8.2. To return to stock you must restore through iTunes and during this process iTunes will automatically restore your iPhone to the most current version.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh