Recreating Jarvis With Jailbreak

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone.

I am an 18 year old male.

YESTERDAY NIGHT after discussing an Iron Man film with a fellow college classmate, I had come the astounding revelation that I should try to create the Jarvis system in my small dormitory with the resources I have around me.

For those of you who do not know Just.A.Rather.Very.Intelligent.System is the human like artificial intelligence computer that responds and interacts with the fictional character Tony Stark and allows him to do simple everyday tasks such as checking the weather, time and much more.

Part of the reason to do this was for the actual usefulness and coolness of having a "Jarvis" in my little space, while the other part (a good 65%) of this was for astounding my friends and inspiring/jealousy-riding them as most people would. :)

My idea was quite simple. I had changed Siri's voice to English (U.K.) in order to closely resemble the Jarvis system as best as I possibly could. I had found this a perfect opportunity to use my 4 piece mini Bluetooth speakers I had bought a few years back to failed to use. Now, I'm using these speakers mostly for this "Jarvis" hopefully, and part of the time to hook up with my Bluetooth compatible TV for surround sound and other capabilities.

The process would be simple too. If I needed something from "Jarvis" I would bring my iPhone up to my mouth and speak a command and "Jarvis" would come up with the appropriate response to that command. In the morning, "Jarvis" would play a song and read my my notifications after telling me the time and weather. This would all be based around Siri's integrated artificial intelligence, as that means I did not have to start from scratch.

As awesome and cool as this all sounded, I still had a lot of work to do. THE NEXT DAY (WHICH IS TODAY). I began my little project. Of course, Siri being dumb as bricks when it comes to common conversation, I knew Jailbreaking my iPhone 6 (normal sized) on iOS8 version 8.1.1 would be crucial in order to create an AI as closely resembling the real thing as I could.

After 2 hours of painstaking effort, I had managed to Jailbreak it and get Cydia working. I was ready to start my project. The first thing I accomplished was getting rid of Siri's 'beeping' when being activated by using iFile and getting rid of that portion in the UI. This would seamlessly make it look like Jarvis is responding to me as a normal human being would without that beep in between our speech.

I was ecstatic. I researched around looked up things and saw these phenomenal tutorials of using different tweaks to help Siri understand you better and work more properly. For example, I could make Siri pull up YouTube videos, toggle my phone as a whole, power off and on on command, use the "Hey Siri" function even when not plugged in, and even start Siri by referring to "him" as "Jarvis" instead of saying "Hey Siri". I would even be able to make over 1000 custom commands by simply using AssistantExtensions and ssh to help "Jarvis" be more polite, friendly, and conversational in front of my friends.

Everything looked perfect.

I downloaded all the programs and was attempting to work them. However whenever I tried to open the tweaks in setting, many of them said there was an error loading the preference bundle, or the other problem was that they did not work at all.

I was trying to find a proper solution and or at least find out what the problem was. And then I found the problem. All those tweaks and packs I found were only available from iOS 5 to iOS 6. I looked everywhere, and it said they were never updated and nobody ever tried to work with Siri for 4 generations.

So I have a few questions I need to ask. Is there ANY WAY AT ALL that I can change some of Siri's responses or add my own custom commands. Is there any way I can get into the coding and do this myself. Is there any way I can change Siri's name to Jarvis is the coding. I know this last part is tricky as in the coding "Hey Siri" translates to "@#".

There must be something, some tweak, some developer coding I can go through to do this. That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :).

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
By the way, NO of course this was not the only reason I had Jailbroken. I have been Jailbreaking on and off since the iPod 4 came out so I am ver well aware of the subject XD.

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I understand your reasoning. I didn't think it would be important but jailbreaking wasn't the difficult part. Downloading a software and clicking a button is no where close to difficult. My problem was finding a friend's computer to do it on. I ended up going to the library. XD.

As to an update on my situation, I have been able to go through the file system and looked for Siri's custom commands. Turns out they're all audio files. I need to find a way to creates text to speech integration like assistant extensions offered.

If anyone has ever had any experience with this please don't hesitate to say something.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've a lot of JB experience but what you are asking is way over my head. I think you need an app developer to assist as it sounds like you need a lot of hooks into the various Siri functions. I'm not sure but it might be better to get this thread moved to the App developers forum on here. What do you think?

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Possibly. I may have to send this post over there as well as keep it here. However, if there was a. WAY to do this even if it sounded painstakingly difficult, what would be the way to do it out of curiosity.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Possibly. I may have to send this post over there as well as keep it here. However, if there was a. WAY to do this even if it sounded painstakingly difficult, what would be the way to do it out of curiosity.

You mentioned that part of the reason to do this is to inspire jealousy among your friends.
Find a hot girlfriend that will work too.

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I mean dude, I was as being formal before without all the tech talk, I'm just a personal like you and me. I got a gf but she doesn't live with me at the moment.

I am relatively good in disguising my intelligence with a personality so don't take me for a fool.

@everyone Is this question too above expectations for an Apple iPhone device? I'm fairly sure Siri can't has the capability of converting text to speech. Is there possibly a way to accomplish this task on a computer. Say using C++ or C# coding? I have taken two years in both languages and know that I can make a Jarvis program, however that would take months.

Any expert help would be appreciated.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It sounds like english is not your native language so let me just clarify a few things having read the thread so far. The hot GF comment was an obvious joke which is why a smiley was added. In order to do what you are proposing you are going to need a lot more than just simply jacking into what is already available. This is why it was suggested that you may need a developers help with what you are tryig to accomplish. If you are trying to accomplish it with what is already available then you should try to be exact about what you hope to accomplish at the end of this? also what is your timeframe because if you want to get it done in a couple of months then that limits what you're aiming to do. I mean for instance the very first roadblock you will face is getting Siri to answer to anything other than "Hey Siri".

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, I know you came in good character and everything. But that first statement just pissed me off when I know it shouldn't have. Obviously you were poking fun at my inability to recognize sarcasm over the Internet (the smiley is not appearing on my phone), but out of everyone here, I still haven't found the slightest amount of intelligence on any matter of software development and so forth except myself and you to an extent as you seem to be trying to help and by your manner, at least know something about the subject. I guess that's why it pissed me off. If you were serious, and I'm positive you were not, English is my first language and I know Spanish, Arabic and French as well. Not good but I do. I also know the computer languages of C++ and C#. Again, I know you were just joking, but I guess it's my perfectionist qualities which wants me to clarify that up for anyone that happens to stumble on to this forum.

Anyways, thanks for your input. I have talked on the forums regarding the subject and it does seem like an awfully difficult process to accomplish and API through phone is being developed for iOS9 hopefully so when that comes out in the fall, I will hopefully have some basis to work with. As of right now, I have come up with a solution about 1 million times better.

This is mainly for anyone else coming to the Internet looking to create a Jarvis of their own. If you see this tomorrow or in 5 years, I hope you can take something out of this. 3 programs are needed to great a Jarvis based around not your phone, but your home computer. VoxCommando, EventGhost, and XBMC. In simply a week, I now have a Jarvis in my dorm that wakes me up, recommends meals and clothing style (based on the weather i.e. it is raining so take an umbrella), plays tv and does other computer functions directly from my voice. Custom commands make Jarvis incredibly life like and an incredibly useful tool I use everyday to check my email, check the time, check my texts, check the traffic, and whatever I need from just saying so.

I hope to buy home automation light bulbs to use with Jarvis for going to sleep and so on. Thanks to everyone (which really isn't much) who attempted to help me on this forum.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I know you came in good character and everything. But that first statement just pissed me off when I know it shouldn't have. Obviously you were poking fun at my inability to recognize sarcasm over the Internet (the smiley is not appearing on my phone), but out of everyone here, I still haven't found the slightest amount of intelligence on any matter of software development and so forth except myself and you to an extent as you seem to be trying to help and by your manner, at least know something about the subject. I guess that's why it pissed me off. If you were serious, and I'm positive you were not, English is my first language and I know Spanish, Arabic and French as well. Not good but I do. I also know the computer languages of C++ and C#. Again, I know you were just joking, but I guess it's my perfectionist qualities which wants me to clarify that up for anyone that happens to stumble on to this forum.

Anyways, thanks for your input. I have talked on the forums regarding the subject and it does seem like an awfully difficult process to accomplish and API through phone is being developed for iOS9 hopefully so when that comes out in the fall, I will hopefully have some basis to work with. As of right now, I have come up with a solution about 1 million times better.

This is mainly for anyone else coming to the Internet looking to create a Jarvis of their own. If you see this tomorrow or in 5 years, I hope you can take something out of this. 3 programs are needed to great a Jarvis based around not your phone, but your home computer. VoxCommando, EventGhost, and XBMC. In simply a week, I now have a Jarvis in my dorm that wakes me up, recommends meals and clothing style (based on the weather i.e. it is raining so take an umbrella), plays tv and does other computer functions directly from my voice. Custom commands make Jarvis incredibly life like and an incredibly useful tool I use everyday to check my email, check the time, check my texts, check the traffic, and whatever I need from just saying so.

I hope to buy home automation light bulbs to use with Jarvis for going to sleep and so on. Thanks to everyone (which really isn't much) who attempted to help me on this forum.

So meta.
One day I see us all bowing at your feet and answering to your every command

TitanOS

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
If you are able to create a Jarvis like OS I would be very interested if you were to join a project I am currently undergoing to create an OS that replaces the need for the likes of Jailbreaking and Rooting in mobile phones as well as adds some other cool features

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're planning to rewrite apps for your OS, you're engaging in a wasted endeavor. Jailbreaking/rooting adds functionality to a phone. A new OS without developer support eliminates functionality

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711