Can't Update Ipad 2

reckless67

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have an Ipad 2 that was at 7.1.2 and jailbroken, then I tried to do a manual restore using the 'shift-restore' option and selecting the 8.1.2 ipsw file on my PC, not realizing that 8.1.2 isn't signed anymore. Now I can't get it into DFU mode and get it even updated to 8.1.3?
I've tried everything but i'm dead in the water. Can anyone suggest anything else I may be missing?

Thanks

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Put it into "recovery mode" then connect it to your computer, open up iTunes, and let iTunes recognize that it's in recovery mode, then allow iTunes to restore it. iTunes May need to download the latest Ipsw, so have a connection available. Beside, check to update your iTunes software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Put it into "recovery mode" then connect it to your computer, open up iTunes, and let iTunes recognize that it's in recovery mode, then allow iTunes to restore it. iTunes May need to download the latest Ipsw, so have a connection available. Beside, check to update your iTunes software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Recovery mode" is a step below DFU mode. If he's having trouble with DFU mode, he's going to have trouble with recovery mode.

When you say you "can't" get it into DFU mode, you mean it hasn't gone into DFU mode or it hasn't restored in DFU? Both should work. Are either of your buttons a little picky and on their way to dying? What state is the iPad currently in? Have you tried multiple computers? Have you let the iPad run out of charge completely and then charged it to give it a try? When you say DFU mode, what method are you using to get into DFU mode? (I ask because I've seen a lot of people call things that aren't DFU by that name)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73