Assistive touch not working after jailbreak &Few mods

Michaelc136

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
After using my jailbreak after a few weeks my assistive touch stops working all together... I enable it and it disappears... Does anyone have this problem and can reverse it? I didnt install any mods for it to end up this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Assistive touch had the disappearing bug way back in iOS 6 but has been very stable since so I would recommend the above advice

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreakers are in survival mode now.
Don't restore unless you are willing to give up your jaikbreak for an extended period of time.
Try booting into no substrate mode and see if your assistive touch works the way it should

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You could also eliminate the problem by tossing the phone into the ocean. Why don't you at least TRY to not be a troll?
Restoring to stock is a viable solution... Sorry if that fact bothers you so much. Is it really trolling to tell the obvious truth? No, it's not. Physician, heal thyself...

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Restoring to stock is a viable solution... Sorry if that fact bothers you so much. Is it really trolling to tell the obvious truth? No, it's not. Physician, heal thyself...

It's an option. For what he's trying to do, it's NOT a viable option. We get it. You don't like jailbreaking. You've engaged in some silly personal war because you believe we're trying to "stick it to the man" simply because you lack the capacity to understand why anyone would have a preference other than yours. I don't know of any jailbreakers that care you don't want to jailbreak. As I've said many times, it's your device. Do what makes you happy with it.

As a moderator, you're a representative of the site. If your first response is to treat the poster like a child because he wants to jailbreak, you're being a terrible representative. Your knowledge in jailbreaking has diminished as you've moved away from the community. You really don't belong in these forums anymore. You only offer negative remarks and rarely provide those with questions relevant, useful answers. You come down here purely to troll, nothing else.

Your answer was similar to this: Someone takes their car into a mechanic because their headlights are out and they can't figure out why. They ask for help. The mechanic says "well, one way to solve that problem is to buy a new car."

While the mechanic is correct, the solution is asinine. You don't jump right to that. You work your way through troubleshooting and maybe, in a worst case scenario, take a look at that option. It's not the fact that restoring has the potential to fix the problem that bothers me. It's that you're so incredibly disrespectful that you believe the user doesn't deserve to make their choice in a way that's different than yours. You're plenty old enough to stop acting like a child. It's time you do so.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
so where are we at with assistive touch? is it working when you start up in substrate disabled mode?