How do I use my iPhone as a hotspot

vortexjackpot

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I would like to use my iPhone 4 as a hotspot to watch Netflix with my Roku and also run our computers through it. We have 2 laptops and a desktop. I'm using straight talk as my phone carrier and have unlimited service plan My phone and iPad are jail broken and presently using the 7.1.1 version

What are the steps to take?

Thank you!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If your current service plan allows it, personal hotspot can be done without a jailbreak. It's a choice in settings.

vortexjackpot

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Kch, I've tried 1 before and fir some reason I had to reload all my apps and it never worked. That's why I was asking to get a step by step procedure how to do it

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
All depends what your data speeds are. I've done this before when have had IP issues at home but I have VZW and get between 30 and 50 MB down.

vortexjackpot

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks zero. Do you have to pay for the hotspot or is there a way to get it for free. I'm tired of my provider raiding the bill each month claiming were using more GB when I don't see how. We had 6 children living in the house , all with smart phones, computers and TV. Never had an issue. There all gone , we switch providers and every month an extra charge and I have more DL speed than I had If I can use my iPhone at no extra charge would be sweet

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
If you are using your Straight Talk phone with unlimited data as your hotspot device don't expect anything amazing. They slow down at around 2gb.

kizmet1313

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I think the best App for that is PDANET from Cydia You can download it for free on one of the repo's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh