Substitute lock screen and more?

YOyoJOE

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 8.1.2 64gb 60% to capacity. I used TaiG 1.1, 8.0-8.1.X Untether to jailbreak my phone.

I want to disable the default ability to swipe to unlock and instead replace that with a series of actions that need to be fulfilled in the correct order. I am thinking right now that activator might be the best option for the second part of the idea. I am not quite sure about the first portion.

I basically want to see nothing on my lock screen other than maybe the clock and of course my background/theme. And then perform the series of actions (swipe in from left, double tap the clock, swipe down on right edge, etc.) to unlock the phone.

If this is not possible I would like to find something that once I swipe to unlock a menu pops up that covers the entire screen and disables all irrelevant actions that prompts me to enter a password or some other sort of entry method in order to close the menu. I am wanting at least that because I read that passcode and other factory security practices can be a hassle/threat with a jailbroken iOS 8.1.2 device. I don't know if this is true.

I have found a tweak (I don't even know if that is the proper name for this...I am such a grandpa...YaY South Park) that allows the user to lock certain apps, but that is not the omni-security that I desire. That is to specific. I want per session security rather than per app security.

Also, It has been quite some time since I have jailbroken any device and this is my first phone experience. Today, about 3-4 days after the initial jailbreak, I did the standard shut off with the power button on the upper right side of the phone (slide to turn off appeared and I swiped!) I did this just to see what would happen. While it was "shut down" it decided to reboot itself without my command. During the reboot process, I noticed a flash of a light grayish blue screen that lasted about 1-2 seconds. It then returned to the apple logo that it had been just prior to the flash. And since then it has worked normally. Though, I will confess that when it comes to a jailbroken device...I don't know what normal is.

I am also having trouble installing themes. I installed Winterboard and when I install a free theme that states in its description that it is for Winterboard and for iOS 8+ it won't appear. I go to my settings and select the Winterboard menu and then check the theme I just downloaded, respring it, and boom...nothing... I just don't know...I have tried it several times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Winterboard. I have installed Winterboarder (I don't know what that actually is). I uninstalled Winterboarder. I am lost.

I now have some "yes" or "no" questions (although feel free to elaborate if a simple "yes" or "no" doesn't suffice)

Does iCloud work with an iOS 8.1.2 iPhone 6 that is jailbroken?

Does iCloud work with an iPad Air 2 64gb iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken?

Does Touch ID to unlock phone work with an iOS 8.1.2 iPhone 6 that is jailbroken?

Does Touch ID to unlock iPad work with an iPad Air 2 64gb iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken?

Does Touch ID to unlock applications (settings, login to compatible apps) work with an iOS 8.1.2 iPhone 6 that is jailbroken?

Does Touch ID to unlock applications (settings, login to compatible apps) work with an iPad Air 2 64gb iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken?

Does simple passcode work to unlock an iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken? Does complex passcode work to unlock an iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken?

Does simple passcode work to unlock an iPad Air 2 64gb iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken? Does complex passcode work to unlock an iPad Air 2 64gb iOS 8.1.2 that is jailbroken?

I am sure that I will have more "yes" or "no" questions later.

Last question...for now

Are there any easily identified red flags when it comes to sources, repositories, packages, system/phone behavior, etc. to watch out for in order to avoid bricking or boot loops?

Thanks for making it through this. I hope everyone has a nice week and had an awesome year!

Peace

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes to everything. For the last question, just download from well known sources and don't try to download anything that is listed as incompatible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2