Re Jailbreak

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I've searched around and can't find any real answers of whether or not I can do what I'm looking to do. I jailbroke my 6+ with Taig and have found that some of the tweaks that I want to use say not compatible where they do with the Pangu Jailbreak. So, the question is, can I just run the Pangu Jalbreak over the top of Taig?

Thanks for any help.

HankHowdy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I've searched around and can't find any real answers of whether or not I can do what I'm looking to do. I jailbroke my 6+ with Taig and have found that some of the tweaks that I want to use say not compatible where they do with the Pangu Jailbreak. So, the question is, can I just run the Pangu Jalbreak over the top of Taig?

Thanks for any help.

What iOS version are you on and what version were you on when these tweaks were compatible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
8.1.1 is no longer signed. Restore using 8.1.2 and jailbreak with Taig.

What part of my post made you think I wasn't aware of this?

I clearly stated they shouldn't be suggesting a restore in order to use Pangu because Pangu doesn't work on the current iOS. Did you actually read the thread before stating the obvious?

HankHowdy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
What part of my post made you think I wasn't aware of this?

I clearly stated they shouldn't be suggesting a restore in order to use Pangu because Pangu doesn't work on the current iOS. Did you actually read the thread before stating the obvious?

Pangu works on 8.1.1.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Pangu works on 8.1.1.

Which isn't currently signed. Which means the point still holds. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish? In order to jailbreak the current iOS, you can't use Pangu. As a result, restoring your device will not let you use Pangu. Nothing you've added changes that. Or, are you the type that just likes to see your name on the internet so you post nonsense just to see it more often?

HankHowdy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Which isn't currently signed. Which means the point still holds. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish? In order to jailbreak the current iOS, you can't use Pangu. As a result, restoring your device will not let you use Pangu. Nothing you've added changes that. Or, are you the type that just likes to see your name on the internet so you post nonsense just to see it more often?

Wow. Do you feel better about yourself?

Looks like we have a misunderstanding.

Lets drop it.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for any help.
No you can't. You need to restore your device and then jailbreak
Reread his Question and tell me what bad advice was given

Alright, I'll hold your hand. Take your advice and re-read his question. I took the liberty to bold out the reason for his inquiry. As the reason is driving his desire to determine what to do next, it is the single most important thing.

From there, he asks if it is possible to run Pangu over the top of Taig. You started off correct claiming "no you can't." Then, you claimed "you need to restore your device and then jailbreak." If he restores his device, it's not compatible with Pangu. That means he cannot restore his device and run the Pangu jailbreak. As your advice suggested he restore to get to do what he wants to do and he won't be able to do so after restoring, you're welcome to explain to me how you consider that advice anything other than bad.

Now, before you reply, re-read this entire post as it'll have his post, your bad advice, and an easy explanation to help you see how the advice was bad. I was a bit snarky with the other poster, yes. But, I had already explained it more than once. He/She was continuing to repeat something that didn't change anything. Now, they're no longer repeating that. I'd rather take either his/her posts or mine over someone officially affiliated with the site leading users towards frustration based on an inability to determine when they do, and don't, understand a topic and post appropriately. You should watch what JustD (I can't remember the precise spelling) does. He/She is more than friendly and offers advice when the topic is something they know about and opt to bump the thread so others see it when they don't.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You seem very knowledgable when it pertains to Jailbreaking devices and we welcome sound advice in this area but from what I read of some not all of your replies you feel that marking other members level of knowledge in these threads instead of just correcting them is where the problems starts

As for my quoted reply I stated he can't jailbreak a Jailbroken device he would need to restore his device before performing another jailbreak. Where your expertise comes in is knowing that there is no Pangu JB for the 8.1.2

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Look through the thread again. I corrected your post while leaving it open for you to point out Pangu had been updated, if it had.

Hank posted something that suggested he didn't understand that. I pointed out I did. He again suggested I didn't. At THAT point, I made it beyond clear I understood the point and he was missing the obvious (as it was stated). You came to his defense. I gave you the sarcastic response. You posed a question that I honesty cannot understand asking especially with the tone. I responded with equal disrespect.

If you watch my posts, you'll notice the tone tends to reflect the respect others are showing. If it's just a question, it gets an answer. If it's telling me the same thing multiple times as if I lack the basic reading comprehension to understand it the first time, even after I've acknowledged the point, it's going to receive a disrespectful response for a disrespectful post.

I wasn't questioning his level of knowledge. What he said was accurate. I'm condemning his attitude or reading comprehension. He either didn't understand I acknowledged that point multiple times or he didn't care. Either way, after multiple posts it needed to stop being repeated.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Just don't make such a fuss about this gentleman.

Be kind and respect each other.

Funny thing is the OP is nowhere to be found, which means you're talking in yourselves, not helping the case at all.

Just take a deep breath and let it rest. In fact, don't even look back in this thread

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Respect is earned and no poster in this thread owes you any. The OP didn't direct his Question to you. It was a General Query to any and all members that was willing to advice him and his reply in post #4 didn't show any distress as you claim my advice brought him.

In all this back and fort you didn't give the OP one bit of advice at what he originally asked for instead you decided to ridicule any and all members that in turn tried to help him

In turn my advice was sound and I'm starting to realize that your knowledge isn't as good as I first assumed

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't think Santa has not been watching. He's making a few last minute adjustments to his naughty list. Just saying!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox