I need help ASAP

marlap2000

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
So at my school, we receive iPads. We've had them for a few years, so they're still iPad 2s. I managed to bypass the school's configuration system and jailbreak my iPad 2 at iOS 8.1. The school just noticed something was wrong with my iPad so they called me down to the tech office. One of the guys there told me he found out about this jailbreak and said there are going to be huge consequences. This might even include a suspension . Now I turned to the macrumor forums to help me. I have openssh installed on that iPad and have sshed into it a few times already. I know when you ssh, you get full access to every file in the iPad. Since the tech has the iPad in their office (they took it from me), I can't manually restore it and remove any proof of the jailbreak in the first place. I was extremely smart at the last second and when I was turning off my passcode to hand it in, I screenshotted the ip address of the school's internet. This way I have full access to the iPad and whats on it. What I want to ask is how to delete files in the ssh and cause the iPad to restore. I don't care if the software would never turn on again, if the device is bricked, I just don't care at this point. All I need to do is restore the iPad and remove the jailbreak. Please someone help me as I do not want to get suspended for this crap and please tell me what files to delete in the iFile-type menu. I was thinking of deleting everything, but I wanted to ask on here first. Thank You very much.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You do not need help. You need to face up to the consequences for hacking into property belonging to the school. I'm sure you were full aware of the rules for use and may have even signed something acknowledging those rules. Having said that, take your punishment and learn from it.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
So at my school, we receive iPads. We've had them for a few years, so they're still iPad 2s. I managed to bypass the school's configuration system and jailbreak my iPad 2 at iOS 8.1. The school just noticed something was wrong with my iPad so they called me down to the tech office. One of the guys there told me he found out about this jailbreak and said there are going to be huge consequences. This might even include a suspension . Now I turned to the macrumor forums to help me. I have openssh installed on that iPad and have sshed into it a few times already. I know when you ssh, you get full access to every file in the iPad. Since the tech has the iPad in their office (they took it from me), I can't manually restore it and remove any proof of the jailbreak in the first place. I was extremely smart at the last second and when I was turning off my passcode to hand it in, I screenshotted the ip address of the school's internet. This way I have full access to the iPad and whats on it. What I want to ask is how to delete files in the ssh and cause the iPad to restore. I don't care if the software would never turn on again, if the device is bricked, I just don't care at this point. All I need to do is restore the iPad and remove the jailbreak. Please someone help me as I do not want to get suspended for this crap and please tell me what files to delete in the iFile-type menu. I was thinking of deleting everything, but I wanted to ask on here first. Thank You very much.

Sucks that this forum is hard on ya, I think they're jealous.

Good luck & hope it all works out

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

I don't think it's that anyone is being hard on that person, but essentially what he wants to know is how he can take an I.p address and hack into a device that isn't his, and possibly even brick it or break it for that matter. What he wants to do by rights is illegal and if he knew he shouldn't of jail broke a school owned iPad and did it anyways then you do the crime you do the time.

I will give him a bit of advice though.... Rather than trying to break into the iPad maybe propose a letter to the principle apologizing for the behaviour and maybe just maybe he won't get suspended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grasshoper

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

If you were *that* "extremely smart", you would have learned how to do what you ask by yourself *before* jailbreaking in the first place. Then simulate a catastrophe scenario at home. You would at least have learned something out of this.

Edit: you must understand that noone can help you here since it is a public forum and that what you're asking is simply hacking a private device that do not belong to you. Anyone helping you could be charged for complicity I assume. And yes, in US you can do time for those stuffs.

Envoy? de mon iPad ? l'aide de Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Wow. Really? Break the rules and some want to give him sympathy as well.

To the OP: you screwed up dude. Face the music and take your lumps. The is an excellent learning opportunity. Hopefully you will take advantage of it and grow from it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Really? Break the rules and some want to give him sympathy as well.

To the OP: you screwed up dude. Face the music and take your lumps. The is an excellent learning opportunity. Hopefully you will take advantage of it and grow from it.

Unfortunately I doubt it. Way to much entitlement in kids today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Jealous of what? That he's broken some rules? That he may be suspended which will potentially really mess up his life? That he wants to hack someone else's property, which is illegal?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

grasshoper

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Jealous of what? That he's broken some rules? That he may be suspended which will potentially really mess up his life? That he wants to hack someone else's property, which is illegal?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Wow wow, it will *not* mess up his life, don't tell him stuffs just to scare him, plz. Anyway come on, it's just a jailbreak and it's reversible. Yes, nobody can help him here for what he asks, but none the less I don't see exactly how it can be justified that someone's life could be ruined for jailbreaking. That it is against the rules is *not* a reason. I agree that lot of kids today think that they own everything and can mock or be condescendant with others, but it's often their parents fault. It often happen when they show this behaviour too.

And I do believe that all this hype against jailbreaking is against peoples right when they *bought* the device. It should be theirs, and should be able to do whatever they want with it. But, well in this case it was not his in the first place.

And as for jb a school iPad, it is not the biggest crime in the world since, again, you can restore it to normal. It's not like he killed or raped a classmate. Don't mix everything up. I don't understand all this bashing there.

Yes, he should know to respect public properties, but he should not have his life ruined for that, nor get lambasted by all of you. And as for rules, some are badly written, really, so even if it is not the case here that should not be the only reason to give to a kid, all the more when kids tend to break rules just for fun (and it's normal, every kid must find his limits himself, you did too I believe).

Envoy? de mon iPad ? l'aide de Tapatalk

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everyone on this post, except for technologytwit. I'm sure you knew going in what the consequences would be, and you did it anyway. And we're caught. I agree with either writing a letter to he principal, or meeting with them to discuss the situation, and Maybe they will cut you some slack....but I wouldn't expect it.

I have an iPad at work, and I know the consequences if I mess with it. It's not my property. I have pandora on it, and that even makes me nervous!! Haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh