Can anyone help restore a jailbroken Apple TV 2nd Gen to factory default?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I need help restoring a jailbroken Apple TV 2nd Gen to factory default.

I have a 2nd Gen ATV and am having some issues. I want to restore to factory but when plugged into the computer using the micro USB cable the device isnt showing up in itunes. I have tried 2 different cables and 3 different computers. 2 windows PC and one Mac, None of them seem to recognize that the ATV is plugged in. The ATV is currently jailbroken and I am looking to just restore it back to factory. Sorry if this has been posted before, I ran a search and didnt seem to find anything related to my problem. Thank you guys!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: I need help restoring a jailbroken Apple TV 2nd Gen to factory default.

Are you using the latest version of iTunes? If not, download and install the latest version. If you are using the latest version, reinstall it, and then try to restore it.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: I need help restoring a jailbroken Apple TV 2nd Gen to factory default.

Yes, newest version of itunes has been installed and reinstalled. I am going to pick up a third micro usb cord today and see if that helps at all. Any specific type I should look for? Any known brands that people know work with the ATV?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I need help restoring a jailbroken Apple TV 2nd Gen to factory default.

Advice: sell the jailbroken one for $250 (or whatever your local market has it at on eBay/Kijiji), and buy a third-generation one new for less than $100.

If you want a factory default one, you can make a profit and get a new one all in one set of transactions.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77