Pangu iOS 8.1 Jailbreak is out

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Nice! Looking forward to some nice tweaks for the 6+.. Spit screen multitasking would be fantastic to say the least..

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Two questions from a noob.

1. My devices (5s/5c/Air) are all JB on 7.0.6 still. Is it a good time to update my devices to iOS 8.1 now so when Pangu and Saurik finish the final JB I'm ready to go?
2. How do I update my devices to iOS 8.1? I completely forgot, do I have to download a file and do something with iTunes on my PC?

Thanks guys!

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

1. My devices (5s/5c/Air) are all JB on 7.0.6 still. Is it a good time to update my devices to iOS 8.1 now so when Pangu and Saurik finish the final JB I'm ready to go?
2. How do I update my devices to iOS 8.1? I completely forgot, do I have to download a file and do something with iTunes on my PC?

Thanks guys!

For 1 I would say yes. 8.1 seems to be pretty stable so far.

For 2, you probably need to put your devices into recovery mode (DFU I believe it's called) through iTunes, and restore. Make a backup, Turn phone off, open iTunes, plug phone in, hold down both power and home buttons for about 10 secs, then release power button only until phone enters recovery mode - then iTunes will prompt you to restore to the latest software. Then re-jailbreak. Restore backup. This is the way I do it, others may do it differently. Good luck

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Thanks guys!

1) Yes, its a great time to update since 8.1 doesn't have any issues and has been solid so far. I would highly recommend you update it asap.

2) You'll have to put your phone in either DFU more or recovery mode, there's no other way. Here is what you can do step by step

1) Backup your phone to either iCloud or iTunes fully
2) Put the phone in DFU / Restore mode
3) Restore firmware and then restore backup.
4) Wait for Pangu to put out the JB binary with Cydia bundled

And you're all set and jailbroken again!

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
1) Yes, its a great time to update since 8.1 doesn't have any issues and has been solid so far. I would highly recommend you update it asap.

2) You'll have to put your phone in either DFU more or recovery mode, there's no other way. Here is what you can do step by step

1) Backup your phone to either iCloud or iTunes fully
2) Put the phone in DFU / Restore mode
3) Restore firmware and then restore backup.
4) Wait for Pangu to put out the JB binary with Cydia bundled

And you're all set and jailbroken again!

Doesn't iTunes put my phone into DFU/restore mode? Also, about the firmware, I just download it from Apple or any website that has them for download, right? The ipsw file or something? I just download the 8.1 firmware/ipsw that belongs to the model of my 5s (it says a1533 on the back) and then use iTunes to restore that downloaded firmware? Then simply wait for the Pangu team to finalize the jailbreak for all users?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't iTunes put my phone into DFU/restore mode? Also, about the firmware, I just download it from Apple or any website that has them for download, right? The ipsw file or something? I just download the 8.1 firmware/ipsw that belongs to the model of my 5s (it says a1533 on the back) and then use iTunes to restore that downloaded firmware? Then simply wait for the Pangu team to finalize the jailbreak for all users?

You don't need download the iOS, you insert the usb cable on dfu mode and ITunes will detect the iPhone and will download/install the iOS.
If you want to install the iOS you already download, just press shift+restore button on iTunes and search for the ipsw file.

acedzero

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Personally I would hold off for a little while longer. People are reporting freezing issues when Touch ID is used, Safari not working, and the Cydia substrate needs to be resprung on every reboot which requires you to most likely connect to a pc to ssh to issue the respring command.

Not to mention there's barely anything working for iOS 8, but I'm sure all of these issues will be corrected fairly short order.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Personally I would hold off for a little while longer. People are reporting freezing issues when Touch ID is used, Safari not working, and the Cydia substrate needs to be resprung on every reboot which requires you to most likely connect to a pc to ssh to issue the respring command.

Not to mention there's barely anything working for iOS 8, but I'm sure all of these issues will be corrected fairly short order.

those are my thoughts

bakerman1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I would hold off. I didn't and everything was working fairly well besides not being able to insert a pic in texts, and also the safari problem where it would continue to reload the page. I tried to just download chrome, but no go. I couldn't download anything from the app store. Tried to restart my phone and that caused it to not start up again, just an apple logo :/ I now sit at my office restoring my phone. Stoked that the JB is out but its not ready for prime time quite yet :)

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not talking about JBing 8.1 I'm simply asking if I should update from a JB 7.0.6 to 8.1 stock? And simply wait for Pangu to include Cydia. Or do I sit at 7.0.6. I've posted on several forums and this ? is driving me nuts. Some say that you should at least update to stock 8.1 in case Apple puts out a fix and others say just wait, that Apple won't put out 8.2 or whatever for weeks and all the JB kinks will be ironed out way before then. What to do what to do. This is my first iPhone and iPad and I just recently jailbroke a few months ago so I really don't know this world that well, updates and all that stuff.

NellSounz

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Can't wait to jailbreak my 6plus. I sold my jail broken iPhone 5 to my sister and she loves it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234