[HELP] Will jailbreak my iPhone 5S for the first time (I'm on iOS8.0.2)

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So I always read some people talking about jailbreak like if it was the best thing in the world.
After a few years with apple (iPhone 4s, 5, 5s and iPad 2) finally I'm thinking about jailbreak my iPhone 5s.

Im using iOS8.0.2,
Can I go back to iOS7 and then jailbreak?

The iOS8 hasn't jailbreak available yet?

Thanks in advance :)

dcharleyultra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
You can't go back to iOS 7 because Apple is no longer signing it.

I doubt you will see an iOS 8 jailbreak before iOS is stable. I would guess probably around iOS 8.3.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought there was way to install ios7 back. (hope).
I know we can't go from 7 to 6, but I didn't knew we couldn't go from 8 to 7...!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought there was way to install ios7 back. (hope).
I know we can't go from 7 to 6, but I didn't knew we couldn't go from 8 to 7...!!
There was a short window of a few days after the iOS 8 update where Apple still signed 7.x.x But not now. There's no way to know when a JB will be available for iOS 8. They'll want it to be as stable and bug free as possible. I'm thinking at 8.1.2. My guess.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, thank you all, I think ill just wait. I have an iPad on iOS7, I cloud give a try with it, but I want try on my iPhone.

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Update to 8.1 and wait a day or two till Pangu Team puts an updated binary out with Cydia bundled with it.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Update to 8.1 and wait a day or two till Pangu Team puts an updated binary out with Cydia bundled with it.

Thank you, I read some people talking very bad about pangu, that can be hacked software and steals your stuff. Do you know everything about this kind of thing??

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I read some people talking very bad about pangu, that can be hacked software and steals your stuff. Do you know everything about this kind of thing??

Those reports are not true at all, Pangu team is great addition to the jailbreak community. They do install a chinese app with their jailbreak but they are kind enough to have a check box if you choose not to install it. (assuming that app is bundled because they paid pangu team to do so)

Saurik has shipped cydia to Pangu team already and it should be integrated in the updated version any hour now.

This opinion is also shared by others in the community

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks. I think I'll jailbreak for the first time, when I hear someone saying 8.1 is fully working with it :):) if you see it release please quote me here.

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Why are you jail breaking? I jail broke my iPhone 5 because the old iOS was crap with no features, iOS 8 has almost everything you want, there are still a lot of cool things you can do with a jailbreak but most of them apple implanted with iOS 8

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Also I've only used the evaders jailbreak so I can't comment on the validity of any other people jail breaking

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
To be honest: I don't know. I never used another system, always loved the original iOS. I guess you're right, the most things I'm watching on jailbreak I'll use once or twice. I'll think twice before jailbreak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Why are you jail breaking? I jail broke my iPhone 5 because the old iOS was crap with no features, iOS 8 has almost everything you want, there are still a lot of cool things you can do with a jailbreak but most of them apple implanted with iOS 8

MyWi (tethering), is why!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm also thinking about jalbreaking to add more customization (change ugly dock, put custom weather sets on lock screen, change clock font, change icons ect.), but I don't want to lose the basic functions of my iPhone.....is that possible?

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm also thinking about jalbreaking to add more customization (change ugly dock, put custom weather sets on lock screen, change clock font, change icons ect.), but I don't want to lose the basic functions of my iPhone.....is that possible?

Yeah you'll still have all the same functions

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't change anything unless you want it to, just gives you a new App Store to download all the tweaks and modifications