Apple stopped signing 7.1.2?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Just got my i6 yesterday and loaded it up. Went to restore my i5S w/ 7.1.2 firmware so I could sell it jailbroken and getting a message it "could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible" which I haven't seen before. Does this mean it can't be signed or something else? I've confirmed I'm using the correct firmware for my device so I don't believe that is the problem. I knew Apple would stop signing shortly after iOS 8 release and may have missed the "Apple stopped signing" announcement, only read that it was going to happen shortly. Can anyone confirm if the message I'm getting indicates Apple isn't signing this firmware or if I have another issue? Thanks.

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Dhoodh... I recived that error code when updating to ios 8.... I just did it OTA. I'm sorry, I don't knowwhat is wrong, but AS SSON as I get to 10 posts, I'll post a link where you can check if they did or not.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Windows

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Well I've tried on a Mac and using Parallels with Windows 7 and same message all the time. I also tried rebooting into Safe Mode and attempting restore but no luck. I'm out of options. Congrats to those for whom it worked and thanks for the feedback. Disappointed.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234