Jailbroken with questions

Justin51

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm on 7.1.2 jail broken I lost my backup that I did just before I jail broke. I want to get ios8 tomorrow am I able to just do the update on my computer or am I asking for trouble. The only other backup I have for some reason is from early this year I will loose lots of stuff If I restore from there. Thanks in advance.

Justin51

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
You can still backup now even though you're jailbroken.

Which I did but what happens when I restore it to that backup after upgrading to ios8? Cause I accidentally restored my phone to a backup from almost 2 years ago then I restored it right after that to a backup I did today and all my jailbroken setting returned to the way it was jailbroken.

Justin51

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Well let me re-explain I never did a complete restore all I did was a restore from backup while I was still jailbroke, to a backup from almost 2 years ago then restored it from a backup I just did. So I'm assuming what happened with me not doing a complete restore it never wiped my jailbreak and cydia out.

Justin51

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I just read that you can hook your phone up to iTunes do a backup upgrade to ios 8 and then when the phone asks you to restore you select the one you just did. It will restore your phone to exactly how it was except cydia and jailbreak is wiped. True not True????

Justin51

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
tactfultech.wordpress.com/2014/08/17/how-to-un-jailbreak-without-restoring-your-idevice/comment-page-1/

SO correct me is I'm wrong but the best way to do this is:
1- plug into iTunes
2-do a backup
3-do a complete restore
4-upgrade to ios 8
5-restore from the backup you just did

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
both ways work, just one requires you to download the ipsw file and do a restore your self and keep everything how it is just minus the jailbreak and the other itunes pull it from the server wipes the phone completely and then you have to restore your most recent backup you made using itunes or icloud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro