Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Info about my iPad:

iPad 2 Wi-Fi (I think it's Rev A)

Capacity: 13.8 GB

Software Version: 6.0

Model A1395

EMC 2560

A few days ago, my iPad stop working. I was at school in lunch playing on my iPad. It was working fine. The bell rings and I go to math. I had a few minutes before class started, so I got in out of my backpack to finish reading an article I was looking at during lunch. Instead of my lockscreen, when I tried to turn my iPad on all I got was a black screen. It was clearly on, but it was completely black. No low battery indicator, no apple logo, no connect to iTunes, just black. Charging it doesn't work and plugging it into the computer doesn't work. After two days of searching the internet for help, I decide to come and ask for help. I'm not sure what caused this, because I haven't opened Cydia or installed anything new in a while. (Could that be the problem?) I didn't know about saving SHSH, so I don't have the SHSH for 6.0. I do have an SHSH for 5.0.1. I really don't want to upgrade to iOS 7, but I will if I have to.

Because my iPad won't turn on properly, I had to use iExplorer to find my extensions. Could one of these be the problem?

List from /root/var/stash/Applications.t6zrYO: (some apps skipped because they didn't look like extensions)

• Activator.app
  • AdBlock.app
  • SBSettings.app
  • WinterBoard.app
  • iAdOptOut.app
  • iFile.app

From Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/:
  • Activator
  • AppList
  • AppSync
  • Flipswitch
  • LFXPCAgent
  • MobileSafariAdBlock
  • MobileSafety
  • PreferenceLoader
  • SBSettings
  • SSLPatch
  • SandCastle
  • UserAgentFaker
  • WeeLoader
  • WinterBoard
  • libhide
  • safaridownloader

What could have caused this? What can I do to prevent this in the future? Are any of my extensions causing this? Will I have to restore? Will the 5.0.1 SHSH work? Or will I have to restore and backup with iOS 7.1.2? Why do I need the SHSH for iOS 6.0 when that's what I'm running (I have the IPSW)?

If I need to add more information, please tell me.

Thank you!

P.S. I have tried entering No Substrate mode, but the apple logo never appears the device just turns on and off.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Press the power on/off buttom and the up volume key at the same time until you see apple logo flashing twice with interval of 10s or so then let go both keys.
That process deactivate most of the substrates in your iPhone so when it boots up, your installed cydia tweaks won't work, but cydia app will work. Install iCleancer pro from cydia, use it to disable most suspecting substrates you think might be causing the issue.
Notice that pushing the power button and the upper volume key work only if it's actually a corrupted substrate causing the trouble, it will deactivate all substrates anyway, but might not power on at all in case it's a display issue or something else. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breawycker

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Press the power on/off buttom and the up volume key at the same time until you see apple logo flashing twice with interval of 10s or so then let go both keys.
That process deactivate most of the substrates in your iPhone so when it boots up, your installed cydia tweaks won't work, but cydia app will work. Install iCleancer pro from cydia, use it to disable most suspecting substrates you think might be causing the issue.
Notice that pushing the power button and the upper volume key work only if it's actually a corrupted substrate causing the trouble, it will deactivate all substrates anyway, but might not power on at all in case it's a display issue or something else. Good luck.

About how long does it take for the apple logo to appear?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Less than 10s if it's mobile substrate related issue.
Pass 20s and still no apple logo, then it still could be a cidya tweak or app, or something ios files got corrupted or even hardware. Before you say hardware, connect it to your iTunes and see if you can factory restore it with the most recent iOS meaning you will lose your jailbreak but more importantly, your files specially if you don't have a recent backup of them into your computer or iCloud.
Does iTunes in your computer recognising the device at all?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox