jailbroken iPhone 5 on 7.0.4: Screen doesn't display anything, touch does not work

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I really hope this is just a software issue. My screen is currently black, (like an iPhone that's powered off) and touch does not work. (tested by trying to turn on the flashlight in control center and also trying to accept a call) Buttons do work however, as I can take a photo and hear the "click" sound. Note that I used Activator to make pressing down on the two volume buttons work like using the power button since the power button is broken. Anyway to fix this? Restoring is a last resort since I haven't backed up my phone in months and all my jailbreaks I collected over a year would be gone.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I really hope this is just a software issue. My screen is currently black, (like an iPhone that's powered off) and touch does not work. (tested by trying to turn on the flashlight in control center and also trying to accept a call) Buttons do work however, as I can take a photo and hear the "click" sound. Note that I used Activator to make pressing down on the two volume buttons work like using the power button since the power button is broken. Anyway to fix this? Restoring is a last resort since I haven't backed up my phone in months and all my jailbreaks I collected over a year would be gone.

Backlight might've gone out.
Are you sure it's "black" and not just really dark? try using a flashlight directory on the screen to see if you can see it better.

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Backlight might've gone out.
Are you sure it's "black" and not just really dark… try using a flashlight directory on the screen to see if you can see it better.

I'm 100% sure it's black. It looks like a powered off phone, not like booting up the phone and the screen lights up really dark.

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried backing up and restoring, and while the back up was successful, I needed to turn off Find My iPhone to get it to restore. Which I can't do because I can't navigate to the iCloud settings on my phone. I tried updating, but I get an unknown error when I do that. (Ex000004 I think) Even the last resort didn't work.

I need to fix this issue quickly since I have to use my phone on Monday. I'm thinking of going on a different forum since this one is obviously not very active.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried backing up and restoring, and while the back up was successful, I needed to turn off Find My iPhone to get it to restore. Which I can't do because I can't navigate to the iCloud settings on my phone. I tried updating, but I get an unknown error when I do that. (Ex000004 I think) Even the last resort didn't work.

I need to fix this issue quickly since I have to use my phone on Monday. I'm thinking of going on a different forum since this one is obviously not very active.

You tried holding the power up button while booting the phone?
That'll eliminate any "jailbreak" software problem.
I still think it is a hardware issue. Backlight.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2