Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Reboot Loop Predicament

I've been having this issue for months now. I had decided to finally jailbreak my now ancient iPod touch 4, but it seems luck isn't on my side, since when I downloaded posixspwn, the jailbreaking tool for iOS 6 to 6.1.6, from an authentic site (it should be so) and then the iPod didn't show any signs of jailbreaking (Cydia never appeared), the wifi button greyed out permenantly (until now), and the iPod kept rebooting repeatedly.

I tried everything until DFU and recovery mode, but iTunes gave me an error when I tried to restore and update. When I downloaded Ipsw files from external sites (to prevent more loss of downloaded gigas that apple used up then arrogantly gave me an error after the WHOLE download, AND THEN ERASED THE IPSW!!) it gave me a 'this firmware is not compatible' although I'm sure it is since I got them from various sites. So anyway the iPod system seems to have been corrupted, and errors stop me from restoring and stopping the reboot loop and greyed out wifi button, which is all I ask for.

As a conclusion, I may send it for maintenance and pay a lot (I can't negotiate since I have no idea what they did, and prices will be high and not guaranteed since I'm in Egypt), or await any other troubleshooting suggestion that anyone has to offer.

PLS anyone help with ANY suggestion, because if I can't do it myself I'll pay for maintenance which may do something I could have done.

Note: I tried a different computer (this was a former suggestions) and the errors were the same.

Thanks a LOT for any help.

Default Re: Reboot Loop Predicament

Are you still experiencing a boot loop or have you resolved the problem?