- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
HELP - iPhone 5 Jailbreak and general issues
So I just jailbroke my iPhone 5 running 7.1.2 using Pangu yesterday after not having it jailbroken for a while. The only tweaks I got were Phantom Snapchat and activator (i used activator to set the triple-click of the home button to lock my screen). All was going well until a little earlier today. The screen went black after I locked it, except this time it would not unlock. [It is important to note that my lock/ power button does not function].
I was just going to restore from a backup but it said that I had to turn off Find My iPhone to do that... but the screen is black
For a while I was facetimeing my phone and sending it texts in the hops of draining its battery. Of course the only time I ever want my phone to die it has full battery but any other time im probably below 40%. I look at my options on other forums and come to the conclusion that I should "erase all content and settings" through iCloud, it'll erase and then I restore to my backup. BIG MISTAKE. Now my phone has been stuck in a "loading loop" [redacted] for close to 8 hours now.
I am beginning to think that I have monumentally screwed up now, seeing as my top button is broken and I can't just force recovery mode.
pls send help
Last edited by JustMe'D; 08-23-2014 at 09:09 PM.
- 08-25-2014, 10:27 AM #2
- By Spartan John-117 in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 10Last Post: 05-09-2015, 04:36 AM
- By davenpj in forum iPhone 5Replies: 61Last Post: 02-28-2015, 04:28 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2014, 04:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2014, 01:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2014, 12:00 PM