What are the chances of a Sprint iPhone 4 working on Verizon's network?

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
First off, what an awkward username, never thought I'd use the Apple sub-site.

So I have an iPhone 4 the model with a sim card slot that is "on" Sprint's network. What are the chances of getting this iPhone on Verizion? I am currently on Verizon with data and all so my account it setup, I just need to know if there's a way I can switch networks. I am able to Jailbreak, and do what I must. I just need to know if it is doable. Thanks!

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
The chances are zero.

Jailbreaking has nothing to do with it.

Verizon will not activate it on their network.

I have heard of people doing it before. It's mostly changing your carrier bundle and SPC and you can then use the Verizon activation number. Would it hurt to try?

Edit: I know JBing has noting to do with it,but if I were to JB I would have access to more internal files.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You can try to head down the rabbit hole. I've heard of people saying they've had success, but never tried it myself.

One thing you'll want to know: you're working with the 4s and not the 4. Sprint never had the 4 and the CDMA 4 didn't have the SIM slot.

If you fail, you're in the same spot you're in now. Just restore and start over.

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
You can try to head down the rabbit hole. I've heard of people saying they've had success, but never tried it myself.

One thing you'll want to know: you're working with the 4s and not the 4. Sprint never had the 4 and the CDMA 4 didn't have the SIM slot.

If you fail, you're in the same spot you're in now. Just restore and start over.

Thanks for the more motivational post. Honestly I always assumed it was the 4 not 4s. But I saw success stories, but I will try it and what's the worst I can do, factory reset, AGAIN? Haha

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just so you have the proper expectations... expect this to fail. Because historically, Verizon will not activate any device that was not OEM'ed for them. If for some reason you get it to work - consider yourself very lucky.

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Just so you have the proper expectations... expect this to fail. Because historically, Verizon will not activate any device that was not OEM'ed for them. If for some reason you get it to work - consider yourself very lucky.

Technically I wouldn't be contacting Verizon to activate the phone, I change the carrier package and call their activation number. I wouldn't want to deal with Verizon support.

JulesJam

Banned
Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Technically I wouldn't be contacting Verizon to activate the phone, I change the carrier package and call their activation number. I wouldn't want to deal with Verizon support.
It is my understanding that Verizon has to "whitelist" the ESN/MEID/IMEI (ESN for short) of the device before it can get on the network. So if the ESN of the device is not in Verizon's database of approved devices, it simply is impossible for the device to connect to the Verizon network.

The only way around that is to change the ESN of the device to one that is in the database, which can be done, but I am pretty sure is illegal to do. The only way to do it and not get caught would be to use the ESN of a Verizon iPhone 4 that will never be back on the Verizon network for instance because you have it in your possession and know no one will ever try to connect it to Verizon again or b/c you had it in your possession and destroyed it.

If 2 devices with the same ESN are on the Verizon network at the same time, I am sure you will get caught.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711