As in the topic what might be the stability issues on the iDevice after jailbreaking?
As me as probably other people who are new to this topic always see as the con of being jailbroken 'the stability issue'. Do they mean springboard crashes or app crashes? I'm asking users who are jailbroken and what are the strangest stability issues after a jailbreak that you had?
Personally I HATE when my device resprings by itself and that's the reason why I'm holding up the jailbreaking.
Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
- 08-11-2014, 05:40 AM #2
Re: Stability issues
It's always going to be the way that if you JB an iOS device to make it do something that it wasn't originally designed to do, stability will suffer. For some users, this will be negligible. For others it will be a major PITA.
Personally, I JB my iPad 2 and keep it jailbroken up until the resprings or app crashes become more than a mere nuisance. I never install loads of tweaks though, just the few I absolutely love. I had my iPad on 6.0.4 with evasi0n for quite a while after iOS 7 launched but gave up when it resprung once an hour and I had some apps constantly crashing, like my web browser.
- 08-11-2014, 05:46 AM #3
- 08-11-2014, 10:02 AM #4
Re: Stability issues
I've never had stability issues on any of my iOS devices, I've had a 3rd gen iPod touch (iOS 4.3.3, 5.0.1, 5.1.1), iPhone 4S (iOS 5.0.1, 5.1.1, 6.1, 6.1.1), 5th gen iPod touch (iOS 6.1, 7.0.4, 7.0.6), iPhone 5S (iOS 7.0.4, 7.0.6) all jailbroken and the only issues I've had are tweaks not working cause they haven't been updated for the newer iOS version.
- By MB64 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 14Last Post: 10-28-2014, 12:24 PM
- By MrMars in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-08-2014, 05:13 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-08-2014, 06:59 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 06:40 AM
- By James Falconer in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 4Last Post: 08-06-2014, 08:55 AM