Stability issues

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
As in the topic what might be the stability issues on the iDevice after jailbreaking?

As me as probably other people who are new to this topic always see as the con of being jailbroken 'the stability issue'. Do they mean springboard crashes or app crashes? I'm asking users who are jailbroken and what are the strangest stability issues after a jailbreak that you had?

Personally I HATE when my device resprings by itself and that's the reason why I'm holding up the jailbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It's always going to be the way that if you JB an iOS device to make it do something that it wasn't originally designed to do, stability will suffer. For some users, this will be negligible. For others it will be a major PITA.

Personally, I JB my iPad 2 and keep it jailbroken up until the resprings or app crashes become more than a mere nuisance. I never install loads of tweaks though, just the few I absolutely love. I had my iPad on 6.0.4 with evasi0n for quite a while after iOS 7 launched but gave up when it resprung once an hour and I had some apps constantly crashing, like my web browser.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Jailbreaking doesn't affect the stability itself. What you download with that jailbreak is what will affect performance. Just be careful, and you'll be fine.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've never had stability issues on any of my iOS devices, I've had a 3rd gen iPod touch (iOS 4.3.3, 5.0.1, 5.1.1), iPhone 4S (iOS 5.0.1, 5.1.1, 6.1, 6.1.1), 5th gen iPod touch (iOS 6.1, 7.0.4, 7.0.6), iPhone 5S (iOS 7.0.4, 7.0.6) all jailbroken and the only issues I've had are tweaks not working cause they haven't been updated for the newer iOS version.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner