Hey all. Call me parinoid but here's my question.
I was on a website with safari on my iPhone 5S not jail broken running iOS 7.1.2. This popup appeared and said something about installing something onto my phone. The only option was to push OK. So I pushed the button and nothing happened. I cleared my history and cookies on safari.
No my question is. Is it possible for a website to put tracking, spyware or malware onto my iPhone or any other iOS product for that matter?
Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
- 08-06-2014, 03:58 PM #2
- 08-06-2014, 04:08 PM #3
- 08-08-2014, 08:35 PM #5
Re: Tracking software
If you were that worried, why not do a hard reset?
I haven't heard of any vulnerabilities that strong in the pure iOS. If that existed, it's likely we'd have a web-based jailbreak available as that's a similar function.
- 08-08-2014, 08:56 PM #6
- By kataran in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 08-06-2014, 09:29 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-29-2014, 03:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-24-2014, 01:00 PM
- By pkbyte14 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-23-2014, 03:31 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-17-2014, 12:47 AM