Tweak to show portrait apps in landscape mode?

bonanzabucks

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Are there any tweaks that allow you to switch portrait apps into landscape mode? There are some apps I have that only go on portrait mode that would be easier to use if shown in landscape.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

bonanzabucks

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Ugh...doesn't work with the iPad. It says I can't download. Are there any tweaks that work with the iPad?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
"RetinaPad" from Ryan Petrich is exactly what you're searching for.

It forces apps to landscape and you can also decide to run apps in different formats, e.g. run iPhone apps as iPad apps or iPad apps as iPhone apps and also in some other options like canvas mode etc.

There're sometimes some (optical) glitches, but that depends on the application. For example the iPhone application OmniFocus in iPad mode runs perfectly without any problem or glitch ever, but Facebook messenger in iPad mode had some problems. (I'm speaking from the Facebook messenger app a month ago, when it was an iPhone only app and before it was an universal app for iPhone and iPad)

a4a2upu7.jpg

8yzajagu.jpg

eramyvun.jpg

bonanzabucks

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. It seems to have worked for some apps, but not all. And there are some where the app might take up the full screen, but the keyboard is the size of the smaller iPhone one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2