I bought an iPhone from Craigs List (iCloud activation lock enabled). How can I bypass it?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Not without having the password. Contact the person from whom you bought the phone and have them remotely log out of their iCloud account.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, it is a security feature, sorry theres no way to bypass it. you may want to reach the person you bought it from.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you?re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you?re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
Be a pro. Don?t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don?t have anything nice to say, don?t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ?think before you post?.
Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members? problem.

YES SIR!!!

Sent from my far far away galaxy iPhone

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Spamming their cell and email might make them do something. :) You should always think before you buy.

You should think before you post. Most of your posts are useless rambling and usually laced with inaccuracies. If you're going to be a flaming ******, you could at a minimum offer some useful advice for the OP going forward.

Buying a device from CL always includes a bit of risk. You can help mitigate this risk by performing the transaction at the cell provider's store. If you do this, you can ensure the phone is activated for you prior to losing leverage with the seller. If the seller is legitimate, it's unlikely they'll have an issue with this method.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Buying a device from CL always includes a bit of risk. You can help mitigate this risk by performing the transaction at the cell provider's store. If you do this, you can ensure the phone is activated for you prior to losing leverage with the seller. If the seller is legitimate, it's unlikely they'll have an issue with this method.

Great point. I've never bought a phone from CL, but I've sold a few. I usually have the buyer meet me at a Verizon store. It's good for both parties.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77