Is only evasi0n needed for jailbreaking 7.0.2?

JohnnyBeGood

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I was wondering if I just need to follow instructions how to jailbreak using evasi0n or additional steps needs to be done?

Also, can some explain how to install 7.0.2 with iTunes? It was updated using over the air option a while back.

Backing up using iTunes is of course my first step.

TIA

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You're not going to be able to install 7.0.2 on iTunes because Apple won't sign it. I would say that if you like the state of OS you're in, don't even try to jailbreak. Or, just try evasi0n right now even if you updated OTA and see if it works. If it doesn't, all you have to lose is the fact that you'd have to update to 7.1.1 and even then you can jailbreak with Pangu

JohnnyBeGood

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You're not going to be able to install 7.0.2 on iTunes because Apple won't sign it. I would say that if you like the state of OS you're in, don't even try to jailbreak. Or, just try evasi0n right now even if you updated OTA and see if it works. If it doesn't, all you have to lose is the fact that you'd have to update to 7.1.1 and even then you can jailbreak with Pangu

Thanks for the reply!
It's good that I asked.
I really like different tweaks that Cydia offers and that's why I want to jailbreak it.

So I could try to jailbreak it using evasi0n and what could happen is I get stuck on Apple logo?
If that happens using iTunes I can restore it back to 7.0.2 or at that point update to 7.1.1 and jailbreak it using Pangu?
Will I be even prompted with choise between upgrade or update to the latest version?

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!
It's good that I asked.
I really like different tweaks that Cydia offers and that's why I want to jailbreak it.

So I could try to jailbreak it using evasi0n and what could happen is I get stuck on Apple logo?
If that happens using iTunes I can restore it back to 7.0.2 or at that point update to 7.1.1 and jailbreak it using Pangu?
Will I be even prompted with choise between upgrade or update to the latest version?

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you get stuck you'll be forced to update to 7.1.1. You won't be able to load 7.0.2 on it again.

JohnnyBeGood

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok, could you please explain purpose of backing up?
I always thought if something goes wrong its possible to revert to backup version.
Does backup only backs up picture/video and few settings?
When I get forced to update to 7.1.1 will all of pictures/videos stay on the phone?

Thank you for your time!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Ok, could you please explain purpose of backing up?
I always thought if something goes wrong its possible to revert to backup version.
Does backup only backs up picture/video and few settings?
When I get forced to update to 7.1.1 will all of pictures/videos stay on the phone?

Thank you for your time!

The backup indeed backs up those things you mentioned. The purpose being if for some reason you had to wipe your phone, or even lose your phone, you could just restore that backup without having to reorder and set everything up over again. Let's say you lost your phone today and get a replacement tomorrow. Imagine having to start over again downloading all your apps and tweaking the phone's settings the way you had them. Instead, you could just restore whatever your last backup was of the phone you lost from either iCloud or iTunes. That said, do a complete backup before you try to jailbreak on 7.0.2. Because if your phone bricks and you end up having to go to 7.1.1 you can just restore that backup. iTunes will NOT allow you to reload 7.0.2 Apple forces devices to be on the latest OS version. Even if you had the 7.0.2 file, you still wouldn't be able to load it back on.

JohnnyBeGood

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Update:
Tried 2 times on 7.0.2 but almost toward the end evasi0n application on the computer would close. Updated to 7.1.1 and jailbroke it using Pangu.
All good now. Thanks again!