iOS 8 Bata without UDID

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Just want to know if there is a way or possible to install the iOS 8 Beta 1 without any UDID? What if I have the IPA is there a way I can still install it?

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As far as I am aware, Apple verifies your device with their list of devices registered with a developer and if your UDID is not found, iOS8 will fail upon activation.

There is no way round this that I am aware of.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Last week user were able to load it.. But since then a activation check is done, so now it won't work... Sorry

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a mate of mine do it on his iPhone 5s yesterday without his UDID registered. I saw it with my eyes and was shocked. Apparently it's got to do with clicking update instead of restore.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I had a mate of mine do it on his iPhone 5s yesterday without his UDID registered. I saw it with my eyes and was shocked. Apparently it's got to do with clicking update instead of restore.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Did he download the firmware n updated using shift + update option?

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Did he download the firmware n updated using shift + update option?

Oh I'm gonna try right away then give feedback

Please could also ask the type of Iphone he installed on n how he got the firmware?

It would appear that you’re working awfully hard to brick your iPhone. Even if it works, it’s not going to work for long.

I guess I just don’t get the feeding frenzy from folks who have to have the beta on their daily driver, especially the first beta.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would be weary, because last year with IOS7 the first few betas you could, but then they closed it off so you could no longer upgrade to the latest beta and had to go through a bunch of steps just to get back to IOS6. Plus it is beta 1 so it is very "beta" at this point.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for your advice just wanted to try out of curiosity and yh it had lots of crashes n all that so I am going to register as a developer right away. If I have any problems I'm happy I have you guys to help. Should enroll for $99 per yr right

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods