Problem with Cydia.

m90shotgun

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I had few problems with the facebook app when I found my jailbroken Iphone 5S was the problem. In fact, I think it was the jailbreak. I was unable to install most of tweaks I wanted because dependence errors... So, I decided to search on the internet. I've tried plenty of solutions : reinstall cydia substrate, safe mode, etc.

Finally, I gave up on it and removed Cydia installer. Everything from Cydia is gone, I've done a reset to factory and then everything works ok (facebook and other apps).

Now, I can't reset my phone anymore because it's caught in loading loop and doesn't reset at all... I can access my phone after a hard reset. My last idea was to try jailbreaking my 5S again even if there is a warning on the evasi0n software about jailbreaking an already jailbroken iDevice.

I tried to run evasi0n as an administrator, wait for detection, click jailbreak and then unlock when prompted but at the end, no Cydia. Again, I've found something on internet to try. Now, if I try to jailbreak, when evasi0n wait for me to unlock the phone, it's not booting completely. When I'm wainting for the lockscreen to come, the message on evasion goes from to continue, slide to unlock to booting device. Evasi0n reboots my phone and says done, but anything new out there, Cydia is not installed.

This is why I ask because I don't have any other ideas to fix this..

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore m90shotgun

You removed key elements of your jailbreak and if you can't get them back you will be unable to re-break your device without having prepared for it

The easy fix is putting your device in DFU mode and restoring it to the current iOS 7.1.1 which can't be jailbroken but I realize this isn't what you want to hear

I might be missing something

m90shotgun

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore m90shotgun

You removed key elements of your jailbreak and if you can't get them back you will be unable to re-break your device without having prepared for it

The easy fix is putting your device in DFU mode and restoring it to the current iOS 7.1.1 which can't be jailbroken but I realize this isn't what you want to hear

I might be missing something

In fact, if I can save my JB, I would be very happy! Is there something else I can do?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you are jail broken, just missing Cydia.
You need to start with ifunbox, see if it reports your device as jailed.
It not you can add cydia manually.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen