How to remove jailbreak iOS 7.0.6 without upgrading to iOS 7.1.1

potpotsie

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey there! This is my first post, as I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. So I have an appointment with Apple and of course can't be jailbroken for it, or else they can't accurately service the device. It's currently on iOS 7.0.6, and I am taking it in tomorrow. But if I restore the phone right now, from what I've read, it will force me to upgrade it to iOS 7.1/7.1.1. Is there a way for me to simply restore it to iOS 7.0.6 which is what it's currently on? Or maybe a way to completely remove the jailbreak but leave it on the current version? I just don't want to upgrade to iOS 7.1, have them replace the squeaky screen tomorrow, and not be able to jailbreak again.

Any ideas/tools or suggestions would be great! Thanks a lot! :)

potpotsie

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi potpotsie and welcome to iMore. :)

In a word, 'no.'

If you have previously saved the SHSH Blobs from your exact device (a 'digital signature' cryptographic key generated by Apple when your device was registered/upgraded and is unique to your device, so you can't use someone else's) then you might be able to do it but it's awkward and a PITA. If you don't have the Blob saved for your particular device then you are out of luck. Sorry about that.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

In a word, 'no.'

If you have previously saved the SHSH Blobs from your exact device (a 'digital signature' cryptographic key generated by Apple when your device was registered/upgraded and is unique to your device, so you can't use someone else's) then you might be able to do it but it's awkward and a PITA. If you don't have the Blob saved for your particular device then you are out of luck. Sorry about that.

You're forgetting Semi Restore.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

In a word, 'no.'

That only works for the iPhone 4 and with iTunes 11.0.5 & lower.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

potpotsie

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Haha thank you! It seems like a nice place to go for iOS questions :) I was under the impression SHSH blobs were only functional for the A4 devices, was I wrong? Thanks for the reply!

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Haha thank you! It seems like a nice place to go for iOS questions :) I was under the impression SHSH blobs were only functional for the A4 devices, was I wrong? Thanks for the reply!

No you weren't. Your best bet is to hide cydia in a folder and not have any obvious customizations. If the screen is squeaky, that's purely a hardware thing. They should be able to diagnose it without delving into the software.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So this appointment is over?

But what if he removed all tweaks except for openssh, then removed big boss icon set?

Wouldnt he then simply have root access only? Then he could install cydia via ssh at a later date, after the appointment?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods