I'm learning to theme, but don't know how I can get rid of the icon mask.

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I have been teaching myself how to make my own themed icons.. As you can see I have not yet learned how to get rid of the black icon mask.. I am trying to make a 3D theme and as long as my wallpaper is black it looks great :) does anyone know how I can get rid of the icon mask... I have found a file in mobile icons.framework but it shows no change ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
y7urusy8.jpg

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll be the first to say good job.
The icon mask is why you are having that black square behind your icon.
I don't know if anyone has figured it out for ios7. I know there's a tweak called masks? but that themes all icons. If you could find a way a theme individual icon masks you'd be golden? as the imore dev's how hard it was though! They released an update with a rather embarrassing icon?

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I'll be the first to say good job.

The icon mask is why you are having that black square behind your icon.

I don't know if anyone has figured it out for ios7. I know there's a tweak called masks? but that themes all icons. If you could find a way a theme individual icon masks you'd be golden? as the imore dev's how hard it was though! They released an update with a rather embarrassing icon?

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
eda4y5yd.jpg
Here is a better look... This was made completely from scratch. ( combo of 2 pictures) I wanted to preserve the integrity of the original icon and I hope I have kept the TapaTalk gods happy...

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
3cit the changes I am making are to a iOS 6 icon set made for 7... I picked this one to "adjust" because it is pretty elaborate... It has non stock as well as stock icons but the apple icons I have change have been to the apple system files... I have also changed some of the app start up .png's as well

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I saw on reddit that it's definitely possible to make custom shapes for icons with winter board.

enumugan.jpg
I am now really confused... If you notice the Newsstand icon is correct but I carried out the same process on all that I have changed

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Use I cleaner to clear cache. See if that resolves it for you.
Also case matters.
Background.png is not the same as background.png

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Also case matters.

Will do... Looked on Reddit... Very helpful... I got this now... I will post a update to you when I finish

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Also case matters.

I figured out how to get around some of it but now I am having a issue with the overlay... Icons are now transparent but foggy :(

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
a9ahe3u7.jpg
you can see here that the music file is right but no longer as clear as it should be... I have not attempted to fix the others yet because I figure best to do it all at once

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR