iPhone 5: Random Resprings and Safe Mode Crashes

cloudyday12

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm having some random respring and safe mode crashes with my iPhone 5 that take place throughout the day. Every day, I would get about one or two random resprings or safe mode crashes and these may happen when new notifications come in and I'm not touching the phone. Sometimes, they may also happen when I have just closed an app from the App Store. For example, Whatsapp or Facebook.

My phone is running iOS 7.0.4 at the moment.

In case it may be a tweak issue causing the problem, here are the tweaks I have installed on my phone.

IMG_3435.PNG
IMG_3436.PNG
IMG_3437.PNG
IMG_3438.PNG
IMG_3439.PNG
IMG_3440.PNG
IMG_3441.PNG
IMG_3442.PNG
IMG_3443.PNG

Hope someone can look through the tweaks installed and help me figure out the problem. Thanks so much if you can!!!

I have tried to uninstall GroovyLock, as I thought that was causing the issue, but unfortunately, this didn't seem to work.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Winterboard I know for definite is not completely compatible with iOS 7 yet, according to the Cydia page.

Try removing that and Cloaky and see if it fixes the issue. When i've had it, it's been a hidden or changed notification that has caused the respring.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Cloudyday I looked at your list groovy lock also was my first choice to delete. I think I would still delete that you can always add it back.
See if you have any success deleting homescreen designer and replace it with Gridlock2.0

The most systematic way would be to delete in reverse order of the last thongs you downloaded from Cydia one at a time. A little patience and hopefully you will find the issue.
Good luck

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Winterboard I know for definite is not completely compatible with iOS 7 yet, according to the Cydia page.

Try removing that and Cloaky and see if it fixes the issue. When i've had it, it's been a hidden or changed notification that has caused the respring.

Hi Highriserdrifter :) I have had no problems with Winterboard and I have 7.06.
By looking at the OP list he is using it to apply his themes.
Sometimes finding the culprit just takes a bit of trial and error to find.

Bunk454

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problem after installing Intelliscreen.
Although it's my favorite JB app, and really the ONLY reason I JB, removing it resolved my problems.
It was also killing my battery life. I hope they release an update soon.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem after installing Intelliscreen.
Although it's my favorite JB app, and really the ONLY reason I JB, removing it resolved my problems.
It was also killing my battery life. I hope they release an update soon.

It's fairly new so could quite possibly be the last thing he installed. It looks amazing too but encompasses soo much.
Thanks for sharing that info on how it acts on your phone

Last edited:

cloudyday12

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all for the useful feedback about this problem! Still playing around and trying to rectify things, but will update if I manage to solve the issue!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all for the useful feedback about this problem! Still playing around and trying to rectify things, but will update if I manage to solve the issue!

It's hard to pinpoint the exact problem until you've just about removed and reinstalled everything. I had that problem with one of my previous iPhones. Now I only have a few tweaks because I don't want to run into that problem on my 5S.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Comment:
  • To be honest... I really don't know why you have all the stuff on your device. Of course they're cool and some handy, but I would recommend you to use a app like Springtomize which gives you the ability to configure most of your device and IntelliScreenX, which is already installed on your device. Springtomize make a lot of your tweaks redundant, like NoPageDots, NoNewsIsGoodNews, InfiniFolder, HomescreenDesigner and lot more ;)
  • You can reduce the possibility for incompatibility and crash if you have less number of tweaks (from different developers) on you device.
  • Furthermore I wouldn't recommend to use iWidget and HomscreenDesigner, especially together. They're known for incompatibility with some tweaks and also led my device to a lot of crashes. If you still want to modify the Homscreen use Springtomize which give you really awesome features.
  • You also have a lot of different tweaks and themes which interacts with the lock screen. That's also not good, you should chose the one which is most important for you and not many together.
  • IntelliScreenX is still in beta and also crashes a lot on my phone, that's why I replaced it with LockInfo, which is 1000 times better but also have some issues because it's also a beta.

To summarize:
  • Use less apps/tweaks with a lot of features instead of many apps/tweaks with less features
  • Remove all tweaks, apps and themes which aren't important or really necessary
  • Use Springtomize and therefore remove all tweaks and feature you don't need anymore
  • If you don't need the all features of IntelliScreenX and just use it for something like displaying your calendar on the lock screen, then use simpler tweaks like "Calendar for Lockscreen"

I hope that helps you :)

cloudyday12

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, let's hope that this is not a case of speaking too soon.

So far, so good though. My phone has managed to go more than 24 hours without a crash or random respring... yet.

Here's what I did so far.

I removed the lockscreen related tweaks GroovyLock, Custom LS and Cydgets.

I also replaced Barrel, No News is Good News, No Page Dots 7, Infinifolders, Infinidock and Homescreen Designer.. with Springtomize 3 and GridLock.

Also removed iWidgets as well, just in case.

Based on advice here, if I start having random resprings again, I guess ISX may probably be the next to go (Have already considered replacing it with LockInfo)... even though ISX is one of my absolute favourite tweaks. So... fingers crossed that all continues to go well!

But once again, I must really say thank you to everyone who has helped out and provided valuable feedback to me.