How do I know that any particular tweek is legit?
Greetings, I have been jail broken for a couple of months now and love it. However, I still have this nagging feeling of securty. I am using Cydia and have not added nor removed any of the the default sources. My question, how do I know that any particular tweek is legit? One of my main attractions to iOS, vs Android, is the security aspect of Apple. How do I avoid downloading a trojan, worm, virus, etc. through a tweek or are there such things associated with iOS?
- 04-02-2014, 06:45 AM #2
(Disregard this if you're on 7.0.6)
Only thing I'd worry about is the fact that you need to patch a security flaw that was closed.
You can find SSLPatch on Petrich’s private repo. Start Cydia, navigate to*Manage->Sources->Edit->Add*and then enter*http://rpetri.ch/repo* as repo to be added. Once done, search for SSLPatch and install it. =)
Besides that, just always read a bit about the tweaks you want to install. If someone put a bad tweak out there, I know someone would report it right away.
Just keep track of what you're installing. That way if something goes haywire, you'll know what to remove.
»Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk«
- 04-02-2014, 05:41 PM #4
- 04-03-2014, 07:03 AM #6
- By Jaguarr40 in forum Apple Security TalkReplies: 22Last Post: 11-12-2014, 09:44 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-24-2014, 02:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-18-2014, 08:53 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 03-10-2014, 02:33 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-26-2014, 06:00 PM