tweak needed kindly help

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Is there any tweak that allows the ability to organize notes into folders/notebooks,something like that? Actually I have been looking for a quick note taking solution (LAunches extremely fast and,must be real quick like in drafts we are directly into writing the note with the keyboard up) and everyone knows evernote isn't meant for it,I am currently using drafts but I need an even simple solution,I sort of hate drafts' interface and the ability to classify notes only in 3 pre-defined tabs...so???

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
To be really honest; the best App for that is OmniFocus. It's a professional project management tool.

AppStore Link: [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/omnifocus-2-for-iphone/id690305341?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/omnifocus-2-for-iphone/id690305341?mt=8[/URL]
Website of OmniGroup and OmniFocus products: OmniFocus - The Omni Group
Great review of OmniFocus for iPhone: OmniFocus 2 for iPhone: Background Sync and a Bold Redesign - MacStories

OmniFocus is a lightweight, but extremely powerful app and I really tried every damn app and system on the whole App Store on iPhone and Mac and there is really nothing which is nearly comparable with it. BUT it might be a little bit complex at first sight, but trust me, it's freaking awesome! An on the Website of OmniGroup you have all kind of introduction and help. It's also one of the best companies. I had a lot of suggestions and belief me or not, you receive an answer always and directly within 48 hours and they also implemented almost every suggestion I had! ;)

The Description on the website:
OmniFocus is designed to quickly capture your thoughts and ideas to store, manage, and help you process them into actionable to-do items. Perfect for many different systems, OmniFocus helps you work smarter by giving you powerful tools to stay on top of all the things you need to do. From ?Call mom? to ?Submit Annual Report to Investors?.

Here are some screenshots, the 4 screenshots are: Home view, Forecast view, New Entry (compose), Note view (within a entry):
1379306430-of2-header-view copy.png

It has everything you asked for, you can:
  • quickly add actions (optional with notes)
  • assign start dates
  • assign due dates
  • attach pictures and audios
  • assign contexts (like places, people, devices etc.)
  • organize your entries in groups, folders and projects
  • create your own views with chosen projects and/or contexts

Furthermore you can see all your actions and notes in a "Forecast view" with today and the next days.
The calendar is also integrated, so you can see your tasks/notes with dates and your calendar entries.

Now to the quick capture; there are million ways to enter entries to OmniFocus. OmniFocus has a feature which allows it to capture entries which are in the stock Reminder app and import them in OmniFocus entries and also get there due dates, notes etc. That's why you can use everything which is for the Reminder app also for OmniFocus.
Here a some examples how you can add entries (and how I do daily):
  • Drafts: Send a action or note from Drafts app to Reminder, you can create a list of things and send them all to Reminder, you can send a note directly to OmniFocus to modify it in OmniFocus, you can send a list of stuff to OmniFocus (will be send to Reminder and directly opens OmniFocus to import them)
  • Reminder: You can also just use the Reminders app to enter stuff which will be captures and transferred to OmniFocus
  • OmniFocus Widget: There is a awesome OmniFocus widget which displays your entries in your Todays view in Notification Center (which is absolutely great!!!) and you can also tap on the entries which opens the app and directly to the taped entry. You can also directly use the compose feature and create entries with the widget (see screen shots). Additionally you can install CCLoader which allows you to set and arrange widgets in the Control Center, so you can place the widget also in the Control Center if you want to.
  • Siri: you can use Siri to create entry in Reminder app which gets directly to OmniFocus. I mostly use this when I'm doing sport (running etc.) then it's awesome to launch Siri and just say stuff which is saved without typing anything.
  • ProWidgets: I think the easiest and quickest way is with the Reminders compose widget from ProWidgets, so you can invoke the compose windows to create entries (see screenshot)
  • Action Menu: With the Action Menu Addon "ActivityAction" you can perform a action with a selected text, like google the word/text, send it to other apps like Google Maps, dictionaries or to OmniFocus (in this case). (See Screen shot)
  • Every URL scheme handling app & tweak: with the URL scheme for adding new entries in OmniFocus you can use it with a bunch of tweaks in Cydia and Apps in AppStore, like LauchCenter Pro etc.

Here are the screen shots of the mentioned ways to input stuff:
  • Drafts

1.PNG

• Reminder

2.PNG

• OmniFocus Widget

3.PNG

• Siri

4.PNG

• ProWidgets

5.PNG

• Action Menu

6.png

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
To be really honest; the best App for that is OmniFocus. It's a professional project management tool.

AppStore Link: OmniFocus - The Omni Group
Great review of OmniFocus for iPhone: OmniFocus 2 for iPhone: Background Sync and a Bold Redesign - MacStories

OmniFocus is a lightweight, but extremely powerful app and I really tried every damn app and system on the whole App Store on iPhone and Mac and there is really nothing which is nearly comparable with it. BUT it might be a little bit complex at first sight, but trust me, it's freaking awesome! An on the Website of OmniGroup you have all kind of introduction and help. It's also one of the best companies. I had a lot of suggestions and belief me or not, you receive an answer always and directly within 48 hours and they also implemented almost every suggestion I had! ;)

The Description on the website:

Here are some screenshots, the 4 screenshots are: Home view, Forecast view, New Entry (compose), Note view (within a entry):
View attachment 52488

It has everything you asked for, you can:
  • quickly add actions (optional with notes)
  • assign start dates
  • assign due dates
  • attach pictures and audios
  • assign contexts (like places, people, devices etc.)
  • organize your entries in groups, folders and projects
  • create your own views with chosen projects and/or contexts

Furthermore you can see all your actions and notes in a "Forecast view" with today and the next days.
The calendar is also integrated, so you can see your tasks/notes with dates and your calendar entries.

Now to the quick capture; there are million ways to enter entries to OmniFocus. OmniFocus has a feature which allows it to capture entries which are in the stock Reminder app and import them in OmniFocus entries and also get there due dates, notes etc. That's why you can use everything which is for the Reminder app also for OmniFocus.
Here a some examples how you can add entries (and how I do daily):
  • Drafts: Send a action or note from Drafts app to Reminder, you can create a list of things and send them all to Reminder, you can send a note directly to OmniFocus to modify it in OmniFocus, you can send a list of stuff to OmniFocus (will be send to Reminder and directly opens OmniFocus to import them)
  • Reminder: You can also just use the Reminders app to enter stuff which will be captures and transferred to OmniFocus
  • OmniFocus Widget: There is a awesome OmniFocus widget which displays your entries in your Todays view in Notification Center (which is absolutely great!!!) and you can also tap on the entries which opens the app and directly to the taped entry. You can also directly use the compose feature and create entries with the widget (see screen shots). Additionally you can install CCLoader which allows you to set and arrange widgets in the Control Center, so you can place the widget also in the Control Center if you want to.
  • Siri: you can use Siri to create entry in Reminder app which gets directly to OmniFocus. I mostly use this when I'm doing sport (running etc.) then it's awesome to launch Siri and just say stuff which is saved without typing anything.
  • ProWidgets: I think the easiest and quickest way is with the Reminders compose widget from ProWidgets, so you can invoke the compose windows to create entries (see screenshot)
  • Action Menu: With the Action Menu Addon "ActivityAction" you can perform a action with a selected text, like google the word/text, send it to other apps like Google Maps, dictionaries or to OmniFocus (in this case). (See Screen shot)
  • Every URL scheme handling app & tweak: with the URL scheme for adding new entries in OmniFocus you can use it with a bunch of tweaks in Cydia and Apps in AppStore, like LauchCenter Pro etc.

Here are the screen shots of the mentioned ways to input stuff:

Thank you so much mate,I already bought the app when you first told me about it few months back and I couldn't get hold of it but I could sense that it is awesome If i jump with both feets in the app,just like people do with Evernotes...so thank you,but for the time being I am already in an Odd productivity run

1. Using Evernote For syncing and keeping time-less and important notes which should remain there in someplace...I found it awesome...

2. Using Drafts for its Extremely quick launch time (FOR me it is quicker than stock notes app) and keeping day to day or weekly notes which are soon to be deleted...I found the stock notes app to be too bland for not having an option to organize notes to some extent (drafts allows me to catogerize in 3 different folders,inbox,pin,and another one the name of which I don't remember :p )

3. Making spreadsheets for my father's travel company business and also for keeping track of our Rent-a-car service accounts..

4. Using "moni",an app for simple daily finance management along with Pocket expense/moneywiz for robust management of my whole finances and Home's finances

5. Using any.do for placing upcoming time-less events and tasks like a list of Universities in which I am gonna apply,A shopping list etc

Here i found drafts' interface a bit odd and un-inspiring,i mean it really hindered me to focus on notes...Like the app is really groundbreaking but I am looking for having a Tweak which can make folders in notes...Now you might have a clear idea mate :) But thank you so much for all that time you have given to my post thank you :) and as I am typing it I am thinking of just Switching to ONE single App like Omni focus If It has a good organizing option in it which i am sure it must have...

Like using Evernote for sync and all stuff...Omni focus for everyother task management thing

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of just Switching to ONE single App like Omni focus If It has a good organizing option in it which i am sure it must have...
Like using Evernote for sync and all stuff...Omni focus for everyother task management thing

I would recommend to do that. I think the best way would be for you to use Evernote for all documents, spreadsheets, notes etc. and all the planning, errands, To-Do's etc. in OmniFocus.

I personally use OmniFocus and OneNote. OneNote is a really great app (on iPhone, iPad and Mac) and offers a lot of options and possibilities to manage notes and informations, but Evernote is also good. Each of them has their assets and drawbacks, but you have to device what you need. If you use files and documents and also want to enter quick stuff then use Evernote. But if you're just interested in structured and highly customizable notes and representation then use OneNote. OneNote for Windows is in all instances better than Evernote, but the Mac version which was released last week works awesome but doesn't have all features, (like you can't insert files and use them from the notebook directly etc.)

You should watch the OmniFocus videos and just try it, it's really awesome and offers ways more than you see first. It's expensive (20$/18€) but to be honest I would even pay 100$ or more because it works without any faults, has a very good sync service (OmniSync Server) and it's structured very logical and is easy to use (after you understood how it works).
Here the webpage with the informations and videos: OmniFocus - Video - The Omni Group

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend to do that. I think the best way would be for you to use Evernote for all documents, spreadsheets, notes etc. and all the planning, errands, To-Do's etc. in OmniFocus.

I personally use OmniFocus and OneNote. OneNote is a really great app (on iPhone, iPad and Mac) and offers a lot of options and possibilities to manage notes and informations, but Evernote is also good. Each of them has their assets and drawbacks, but you have to device what you need. If you use files and documents and also want to enter quick stuff then use Evernote. But if you're just interested in structured and highly customizable notes and representation then use OneNote. OneNote for Windows is in all instances better than Evernote, but the Mac version which was released last week works awesome but doesn't have all features, (like you can't insert files and use them from the notebook directly etc.)

You should watch the OmniFocus videos and just try it, it's really awesome and offers ways more than you see first. It's expensive (20$/18?) but to be honest I would even pay 100$ or more because it works without any faults, has a very good sync service (OmniSync Server) and it's structured very logical and is easy to use (after you understood how it works).
Here the webpage with the informations and videos: OmniFocus - Video - The Omni Group

Well well well thank you very very very much mate thank you so much:) thankyou thankyou for all that posting and help..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Well so,

I am a Highschool senior student on my way to make into a decent college,I really have nothing besides study,And doing random work at home like bringing grocerices,managing home budget,to do tasks like Repairs,To tell my father who visited house ETC and things like that...BUT also I do have certain ideas in my mind,about my father's business which I might have to run in future If I won't be able to go in college,BTW My father has a small home-office travelling agency,the ideas I have kept in my evernote database and Iam using "Mindnode" app for mindmapping those ideas...the ideas are like starting Airline ticketing business or so,So I used aformentioned apps but got stuck in the middle to how to catogerize/organize myself with those ideas,I was intrigued by another app "Quick plan pro" but Again having a mess of 8-10 productivity apps makes productivity sound dumb...So what do you recommand me btw? is GTD for me or no? I should try something else? kindly guide me through it :)

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, GTD is a very easy system (once you understood) and I can really recommend everyone to use it, BUT everyone is different, so you should use the equipment which work for you. I wouldn't recommend apps like OmniFocus to anyone, because it's a little bit tricky and complex, but if you're a technophile (as I think) then you should at least try it. You can even just use a pencil and a pen if you prefer that, but it's a little more work.

As you mentioned yourself, you use Mindmaps. Mindmaps are also great tools, but I would just use them for overviews and for brainstorming, but not for planning. But If you prefer using them for planning then do it ;)

But you shouldn't use 8-10 apps thats not productive to switch between them and to search for the right things. If you really want a recommendation;
Use OmniFocus for project management, taking notes, spontaneous ideas etc. Later that day go trough all your entries and categorize them. Put actions to projects, give them contexts and put notes in a notes app like Evernote oder OneNote. You should use the note app which fits your needs. If you use a windows PC then I would definitely recommend to use OneNote because you said you also store files in it. Else use Evernote, because it has all basic features of OneNote, but is easier to use. If you have a Mac I can't recommend in your case to use OneNote, even though it's cool. For overview and for brainstorming you should use Mindmaps (as David Allen said that in an article).

Good luck :)

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, GTD is a very easy system (once you understood) and I can really recommend everyone to use it, BUT everyone is different, so you should use the equipment which work for you. I wouldn't recommend apps like OmniFocus to anyone, because it's a little bit tricky and complex, but if you're a technophile (as I think) then you should at least try it. You can even just use a pencil and a pen if you prefer that, but it's a little more work.

As you mentioned yourself, you use Mindmaps. Mindmaps are also great tools, but I would just use them for overviews and for brainstorming, but not for planning. But If you prefer using them for planning then do it ;)

But you shouldn't use 8-10 apps thats not productive to switch between them and to search for the right things. If you really want a recommendation;
Use OmniFocus for project management, taking notes, spontaneous ideas etc. Later that day go trough all your entries and categorize them. Put actions to projects, give them contexts and put notes in a notes app like Evernote oder OneNote. You should use the note app which fits your needs. If you use a windows PC then I would definitely recommend to use OneNote because you said you also store files in it. Else use Evernote, because it has all basic features of OneNote, but is easier to use. If you have a Mac I can't recommend in your case to use OneNote, even though it's cool. For overview and for brainstorming you should use Mindmaps (as David Allen said that in an article).

Good luck :)

Actually It is not about Notes,It is about Alarms/Reminders for Notes,I really need them..I don't have a job,just a student,so my work at home is sort of abrupt and odd,Like deposting money in bank,Bringing money from bank,Bringing groceries,Meeting someone for house repairs etc... So these things don't fit in like A Note taking system,everything has specific time for it,like time to go to bank is b/w 9 AM to 1PM and then 3pm to 5pm...So I set alarms with 'alarmed" to keep nagging me,first at 10am,then it 10:30am then 11am etc,And sometimes I can set "Nagging for everyminute"..so these things are sort of abrupt for me

Yesterday I tried to jump into omnifocus with my both feet,but as soon as i was setting up calenders,i came to note that you can't set multiple alerts with omnifocus like Fantastical,And It did mattered to me...Thus...I am sort of confused

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Actually It is not about Notes,It is about Alarms/Reminders for Notes,I really need them..I don't have a job,just a student,so my work at home is sort of abrupt and odd,Like deposting money in bank,Bringing money from bank,Bringing groceries,Meeting someone for house repairs etc... So these things don't fit in like A Note taking system,everything has specific time for it,like time to go to bank is b/w 9 AM to 1PM and then 3pm to 5pm...So I set alarms with 'alarmed" to keep nagging me,first at 10am,then it 10:30am then 11am etc,And sometimes I can set "Nagging for everyminute"..so these things are sort of abrupt for me

Yesterday I tried to jump into omnifocus with my both feet,but as soon as i was setting up calenders,i came to note that you can't set multiple alerts with omnifocus like Fantastical,And It did mattered to me...Thus...I am sort of confused

BUMP..please answer me....FB2..!!!!!!!!!!??? others??

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

BUMP..please answer me....FB2..!!!!!!!!!!??? others??

What is your question?

If you use OmniFocus, then the app can notify you if you have a action to do and with the OmniFocus Widget you can display it in your NC. With CCLoader you can also place it in ControlCenter if you want to, but the app won't remind you 1000 times. If you want to be notified several times then use Fantastical which gives you this function. For example I also use both, the stock Reminder app and OmniFocus. In OmniFocus I plan and organize all tasks and errands from university, family and private. With the stock Reminders I plan things which I do daily or regularly , which aren't that important but also have to be done like going shopping, water the flowers, check a association post box (which is near the university) and stuff like this.

I also removed everything from NC except OmniFocus Widget and Reminders Widget. So I just have 2 pages in NC, the first one is from IntelliScreenX where time, calendar, notifications etc. are and the second page is the Today view, but I call it the "To-Do" page, because there're just actions and errands etc.

I hope that helps you ;)