Mystery... Crash

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok so my jail broken iPhone 4 has been running great until today... I loaded cydia to see if I had any updates... Cydia would not load ( said I exceeded packages ) but I have not changed anything... I messed with it till I could remove a repo ( only thing it would let me do ) so then it loaded but kept going into safe mode... I was useing ios6 icons and that was the only thing listed for a update so on a hunch I removed winterboard and everything is running fine again... I tried to download winterboard again and it went right back to safe mode... So yes it is now uninstalled... Does anyone have any clue as to what might of happened... I am not new to jailbreaking.. I did teach myself but have never had a issue in my 2 plus years... This one has me stumped... I there a issue with winterboard itself ? Was it the iOS 6 icons ( that I didn't update ) ? I do not even know where to start on getting this fixed... Any help ? Thank you very much

Shannon's iPhone using Tapatalk

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't remember but I have tried to install winter board twice more and each time it went back into safe mode ...

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I tried it again and now it is working... I really don't understand because I changed nothing... Before or after... I don't know ???

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
This is what I now get when I open Cydia
ypu9ysuv.jpg
I have changed nothing or down loaded anything new

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
It looks like Cydia was trying to add the repo iphoneRM.... I could be wrong still but everything seems to be working ok for now... No more error in Cydia

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The cydia error is exactly what it says? your combined repos contain over 65,000 repos. You need to delete some of them.
There is a lot of redundancy between a few repos? if you search for a package and see it more than once? you have too many repos.
The respring issue is caused by an incompatible tweak/tweaks.
Start phone holding the volume up button so that substrate is disabled and there will be no tweaks enabled, then you can go and uninstall a few tweaks? and repos.
You can also install I cleaner pro and disable some substrate tweaks as well so you can test which ones are causing issues instead of deleting them.

vikesfan0827

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
The cydia error is exactly what it says? your combined repos contain over 65,000 repos. You need to delete some of them.

There is a lot of redundancy between a few repos? if you search for a package and see it more than once? you have too many repos.

The respring issue is caused by an incompatible tweak/tweaks.

Start phone holding the volume up button so that substrate is disabled and there will be no tweaks enabled, then you can go and uninstall a few tweaks? and repos.

You can also install I cleaner pro and disable some substrate tweaks as well so you can test which ones are causing issues instead of deleting them..... Thank you very much for helping... I will do so right away

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR