PhotoAlbums+ folder location?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello, does anyone use PhotoAlbums+ and know where the pictures of created folders are located? I can't access it from Mac or through iFile. I already searched almost everywhere but couldn't find it.

Apps like DiskAid can show the folder and its content and can also copy the pictures, but you're not able to add stuff.

I appreciate every help :)

--
PS: I know the developer has a website with a forum for the tweaks, but no one replays to my post. The developer also ignores my mail or takes years :/

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know right now, but I'm going to download it and find out!
Because you're my imore homie! And you help people so much! So I'm gonna try and pay it forward

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know right now, but I'm going to download it and find out!
Because you're my imore homie! And you help people so much! So I'm gonna try and pay it forward

I have no words :O
You really don't have to do this ��
Thank you very much :redface:
happy-cuteness-overload-l.png

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1394912480.109639.jpg
Maybe I'm confused?
I don't even know how to make folders with this app?
And it saves my images to the photo album? same app?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
...m??p :p

I mean "PhotoAlbums+" 😱
It's a tweak which is integrated in the stock photo app :D

Here's the website: http://www.photoalbumsplus.net

And here a picture
me3a3ete.jpg

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I hope that app doesn't suck as much as it seemed at first glance!!! :(

What do you mean? I like it and it works great, I was waiting for this feature since iOS 4, but Apple restricted that and it was always annoying to find pictures in the photo app. But now I can sort stuff out of the camera roll which I don't want to have there like screenshots, funny pictures, pictures from Google searches or which took for someone else etc.

I know there is a walk around, I could take pictures, sort them on the phone and copy the respective stuff with an Mac app which has access to iDevice data like PhoneDisk, but then I have to go the the phone again, have to select all stuff which I don't need anymore and delete it. After deleting the pictures get back to the camera roll and I have to delete them again. So it works, but it's cumbersome to do this every time, if you know what I mean ;)

But even with this drawback it's awesome :D

I tested it on Windows 7 also and it really does what is written in the description. On Windows it maps the photo library, the camera roll and all other folders in photo app. But on Max it can just show you either the camera roll without the other folders or it shows you the photo library with all pictures (twice) and ignores all created folders and movements of pictures. That's really annoying and I don't know what to do. I think there is no folder where the pictures are "moved". I think it's just the photo library as it is and with the tweak it just maps the pictures which are "moved" to folders. That could be also the reason why deleted pictures which were moved from camera roll to a folder appear again in the camera roll after deleting them from the created folders.

But the devs just don't answer and the fancy forum is also untalkative :|

PS: The screenshots are from previous versions, on iOS 7 it looks better :p

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I went to the App Store and got photoalbums+ and that one kinda sucks. Just filters and generic stickers :(

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So it appears in the DCIM folders on the PC, but not on mac?
So it's a mac issue?
Have you tried ifunbox?
Have you issued the terminal command to show hidden folders?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It's a jailbreak tweak from Cydia (not App Store) which changes the behavior of the stock photo app and adds some features like moving instead of copying pictures and setting passwords for folders etc.

iFunbox just shows the same as DiskAid, these 2 Mac apps are basically the same

I can toggle to show hidden files with PathFinder, but I still didn't find it. On iPhone I don't know :/

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Already tried that, but that's just the folder with the photo app icon, info.plist, localizations etc., but there aren't the pictures :/

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
And I'm assuming to made a uniquely named filed with the tweak, then went to the root in ifile and did a heirarchy search?

Side note, are you using showcase?
It is totally messing with my custom popups!

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the late answer.

I tried that and also waited more than 10 min, but iFile couldn't find my newly created folders which were created with the tweak "PhotoAlbums+".
But thanks for the suggestion. To be honest I didn't even knew that iFile could do this and played with this, this function is really cool :)

I had showcase installed once and thought it's cool... but I deinstalled it after 5 minutes because it was very annoying that the letters change all the time. In English that doesn't happen a lot, but in German you almost change the case in every second word ^^

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This is a little crazy! Like a rogue app..
Locks itself into a core app, customizes it, creates folders, is COMPLETELY undetectable!
Must be changing some kind of permission thing where it isn't visible to (anything)?
You tried searching for it through terminal with ls command looking for anything unusual?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
yeah, that's really strange and the most strange thing is that nobody in the forum or the dev answers >_>

How can I search trough terminal? do you mean on iPhone or Mac?

pepsiduke

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I previously had my iphone 5 with photoalbum+ for ios 6 , now that I have my iphone 5s with ios7, I installed the new photoalbum+ for ios 7 and I see that from my previous backup everthing is still there but I also have 3 different folders created with different passwords to them which I cant remember the passwords also looking for a way to access the folders from ifile

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I previously had my iphone 5 with photoalbum+ for ios 6 , now that I have my iphone 5s with ios7, I installed the new photoalbum+ for ios 7 and I see that from my previous backup everthing is still there but I also have 3 different folders created with different passwords to them which I cant remember the passwords also looking for a way to access the folders from ifile

haha I also forgot the password, no I don't want to reinstall or remove it, maybe all pictures get lost or mixed with Camera roll ��
That's why I'm just waiting �� My future-me will handle that problem �� hahahahhaha :p
_____
now something helpful:
  • I tested a little bit and think they aren't "real" folders.
  • You can use file explorer apps like "DiskAid" to see the folders and can also copy the stuff from the folder, but they're just shown as iTunes synced photo albums
  • I think they're just the real pictures in the camera roll and moving them to the folder just hides them from camera roll an creates a link to the new folder. That's why the pictures which you delete from created folders reappear in the camera roll (at the end)

Last edited: