My biteSMS theme (bite 8.2 and above)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Heres a few screenshots. I put it up on BB, maybe it gets hosted soon?

IMG_2041.PNGIMG_2042.PNGIMG_2043.PNG

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bite theming!!

There are three themes, and an example theme you can get from bites homepage?
No themes show in the themes menu under settings?
I moved my version of bite liquid into the proper folder, reset the permissions properly. (Owner = root, group = user, owner gets read write execute, others get read execute) Then I did a respring and opened bite. It was themed BADLY! Because my bite liquid was for ios5 on iPhone 4, lots of graphics /names /sizes had changed?
Anyway, the themes setting in bite was still empty and I couldn't select a theme or remove a theme? I had to delete bite liquid in order to get back to stock?
So themes work, but something is wrong, I imagine an update will be out today again to fix it.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Well, a new version of BiteSMS has been pushed out quickly. Hopefully developers will push out a few themes for us

There are three themes, and an example theme you can get from bites homepage…
No themes show in the themes menu under settings…
I moved my version of bite liquid into the proper folder, reset the permissions properly. (Owner = root, group = user, owner gets read write execute, others get read execute) Then I did a respring and opened bite. It was themed BADLY! Because my bite liquid was for ios5 on iPhone 4, lots of graphics /names /sizes had changed…
Anyway, the themes setting in bite was still empty and I couldn't select a theme or remove a theme… I had to delete bite liquid in order to get back to stock…
So themes work, but something is wrong, I imagine an update will be out today again to fix it.

SlydWyz

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

This was driving me nuts before. Try this....

Go into your theme in iFile, open the plist in Property List View. Add a new field, and call it "theme-version" (DO NOT USE THE QUOTES). Then make certain that the directory is a string, and save it. When you get back to the Property List View, tap the theme-version, and put a "2" (NO QUOTES) in the input field. Hit DONE and save it.

Do a respring, go to Bite, choose it in your themes, and see what happens. There are a bunch of new file name extensions for some of the images and appearances that I had to rename, but now it's slowly coming together.

I hope this helps.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

The themes are REALLY jacked up!
They actually theme system wide!
For example to theme the qr popup window, you open the .plist in the theme, then change a setting called qr-blur. By default it's ultraLight, and I've been able to use Light, Dark and ultraDark. However this also themes stock iOS alerts. So if you have your theme selected in bite, and you get an email, and you have email alerts set to "badges," the popup badge will be black!
I haven't exactly figured out if that's the setting that does it, or even of its a combination if tweaks causing it? however i do know that I didn't have the issue prior to updating and applying theme.
Also for those of you who are curious, bite liquid is dead because of the new system.
ALSO if you are building a dark theme, like I am, and if you set the text-field-bg to black, after you send a message, it reverts back to t stock white, in app, not in qr/qc.
I've spent the better part of the last two days testing and building an equivalent to bite liquid and an not happy with my results:(

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I lied!
I'm bringing back bite liquid!

(Even though it isn't mine)

Completely new setup though so I don't know if its plagiarism or not.
I am definitely inspired by bite liquid, but I have to do a lot of legwork myself.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I lied!
I'm bringing back bite liquid!

(Even though it isn't mine)

Completely new setup though so I don't know if its plagiarism or not.
I am definitely inspired by bite liquid, but I have to do a lot of legwork myself.

That'd be great. Biteliquid was an excellent theme and somebody needs to bring something similar out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blutrolCRASH