IntelliscreenX 7 beta now in Cydia

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
IntelliscreenX 7 beta is now in Cydia. It's free to ISX 6 users. This new one is amazing. If you are JB, this is a must tweak.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Overall liking it so far. No resprings past 12 hours except when I did them myself. Definitely not long enough to comment on battery life.

Enjoying:
- Lots of info in one place, finally using the lock screen again which I missed after losing LockInfo s/p upgrade from iOS6.
- Seems pretty fast, nice integration with Messages+ (first time I'm trying this app) on lock screen (though there is a visual issue I'll mention below).
- The "Slide" feature seems pretty cool, I gotta say. Easy to use and nice to get right to what you want in a slide and tap.

Issues:
- Doesn't quite "fit" visually with iOS7.
- Every time I respring since install of ISX7 my BiteSMS QC pops up which did not happen previously.
- The "ticker tape" in the top of the lock screen which transitions from one thing (like mail) to the next (RSS, etc) is showing random emails, not just new or unread... annoying and seemingly useless... why on earth would I want to see random old, read emails flashing on my lock screen??? Not sure why they thought this was a good idea and I can't find a way to turn it off which really enhances the visual distraction.
- With Mail preview, wish it had the entire content of that particular email visible not just a random amount which forces you to open Mail anyway.
- The text color and box around "Delete", "Reply", etc buttons that appear for an opened email take on the color of the lock screen background which makes them very difficult to read.
- "Home" view is calendar, weather, ticker tape across the top... what if someone wants a different default "home" view like going to their mail or RSS as main view... no option to change this?
- When using Messages+ for QC on lock screen the ISX window is visible through the message and visually very distracting, can't imagine that is how it was intended to be.
- I'm probably just missing it but no idea how to bring up the list of recent apps along the side like they show in the video.
- Changes to the settings for "lock screen blur/tint" seems to have no effect (I have just the default iOS 7 lock screen image and no other lock screen apps at work).
- The drop down of ISX in Notification Center is all black background whereas the lock screen version is transparent with screen image visible through the ISX window. Just visually weird to have such dramatic differences in appearance and, again, doesn't quite "fit" overall.
- With the NC view, there are no times on the calendar just a list of calendar items... also no visual differentiation b/w items on different calendars and no settings in the app (at least that I can see) to adjust/fix either of these.
- RSS setting section is problematic... rearranging order of RSS feeds causing weird visual issues in the settings section and changes to the order of RSS feeds don't take effect until a respring is done.

***START RANT***

Last complaint I'm gonna put on a separate line because it's been a long-standing nuisance and personal frustration with this app. There is NO WAY to distinguish which calendar items are from which calendar if you have multiple calendars on your phone. My wife and I share several calendars and in EVERY SINGLE CALENDAR APP we have every used AND in every version of LockInfo I have ever used, each calendar has a separate color, obviously to differentiate them visually. LockInfo, like every other calendar app, allowed you to select which calendars you want to view or not within the LockInfo window. ISX offers NEITHER the ability to select calendars OR a visual indicator to differentiate one calendar from another. This may not matter at all to some people, but it does to me and I suspect others because app developers universally use colors to differentiate calendars from one another. When I queried them directly a few years ago, the authors of ISX previously told me something like "it would be too hard to implement this feature in ISX" which sounds like a total load. Everyone else does it and you should too. Be a lemming and don't try to think or argue outside the box on this one. It's a glaring omission for people with multiple calendars.

***END RANT***

Very interested in other peoples' experiences, particularly if there are fixes or adjustments for some of the issues I'm seeing.

bugs, battery life impact so far??

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Gonna suggest we use this as the official thread for ISX7 discussions given that it will likely get a fair amount of chatter.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I just feel like intelliscreen is like an xibit (?) thing?
"Yo dawg, I heard you like iOS, so I made it so you can use iOS while using iOS before you star using iOS!
Ya know?

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
QR for messages+ doesn't allow me to see the persons text. The window pops up but it's just a blank. I'll screen shot and add once I get a text. Also I've noticed my phone doesn't vibrate upon getting a text anymore either.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
QR for messages+ doesn't allow me to see the persons text. The window pops up but it's just a blank. I'll screen shot and add once I get a text. Also I've noticed my phone doesn't vibrate upon getting a text anymore either.

Mine vibrates when getting a message.

Rob Musser

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Originally Posted by Cyder

Same problem, no notification or vibrate to lockscreen. Anyone worked a fix for this!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It's not worth the price. Wait for LockInfo7. Has way better code

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I tried both last year. Lock info was way behind. Unless they have learned to up their game, I would disagree. Also ISX7 was was a free upgrade to me and last years purchasers. Curious to see if Lockinfo charges for upgrade or if it's free. If charged, I'll pass.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I used SubtleLock, Calendar for Lockscreen and many more other tweaks to set the Lockscreen and Notification Center right, but I mentioned that ISX has most of the stuff in it and is better integrated, so I tried using ISX for 3 days and can say that my battery life is much better than before!

But for you to understand/compare, I disabled most stuff like RSS, mail, messages+, Facebook and Twitter

I just use ISX to show notifications, calendars and weather on Lockscreen and to modify the Notification center. I also use Slide, but for now it's not that fluid and intuitive to use

SteveyAsp

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I deleted ISX7 it was causing too many crashes especially when I selected deleting email via it from the drop down notification centre.....gone back to stock and will stay that way, hopefully iOS 7.1 will drop soon and I can be prevented from the circle I get into of Jailbreaking and Restoring lol

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Use the beta version from the beta source, the recent version is extremely stable and has a lot of improvements and new options ;)

Code:
http://intelliborn.com/betaisx

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
7.04 is a little more stable, but he changed the lockscreen Mail widget so that it now marks mail as read, instead of just clearing the notification(s). He seems to have little if any interest in changing it back, rendering ISX7 pretty much useless for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh