Ten jailbreak tweaks & repos you'd recommend to a new iOS user?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
What 10 jailbreak tweaks or applications would you recommend to a new iOS user that just jailbroke there iPhone? Tweaks that you couldn't live without? Also, what repos would you recommend, 10 repos that didn't come installed with Cydia.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
What 10 jailbreak tweaks or applications would you recommend to a new iOS user that just jailbroke there iPhone? Tweaks that you couldn't live without? Also, what repos would you recommend, 10 repos that didn't come installed with Cydia.

First off must have is BiteSMS.

Then as follows:
Winterboard for themeing
Alkaline a cool tweak to theme the battery icon
Cydget (Lockscreen themes)
CCcontrols for themeing Control Center and adding different toggles like respring, cellular data and hotspot
BytaFont 2

Those are the main ones as iOS 7 caused a lot of iOS 6 tweaks to be obsolete.

Here are the sources I have.

e6ubyreb.jpg

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree biteSMS is one I must have. I also add John Coates, Fillippo Biga, Harrison Apps, iCleaner and Ryan Petrich's repos.IMG_3056.PNG

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Controllers for all is weak. Blutrol is supposed to be update this month some time. Wait for that

Here's a list with the best tweaks for iOS 7: Cydia: Jailbreak Tweaks of the Week ~ iAppsclub - iOS iPhone/iPad Apps, Reviews, Jailbreak, Tricks, More

And a list with the best repos: Top 5 Best free Cydia Sources/Repos for iOS 7 ~ iAppsclub - iOS iPhone/iPad Apps, Reviews, Jailbreak, Tricks, More

I do recommend the Controllers For All tweak, If you have a Playstation 3 or 4. And seriously, I can't live without this tweak if I play games :D - but, not all games are supported.

Get your sorry **** repos out if here!

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you have a non iPhone 5S device, get bypass. It's basically touch ID but you can unlock it with any activator action. Then, it's biteSMS and swipe selection.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
More advertizement for insanelyi! This thread is going to get shut down. Come on devs put a lot of work into these tweaks and deserve a little coin for making them.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Alkaline - to theme your battery icon. Once you have Alkaline you can download battery themes and it's enabled in your settings.

Activator - Lets you use functions like gestures or buttons to do certain things. What I have set is hold down on home button for flashlight. Triple press home button for Google Now which is awesome now with the newest update. Speaks more stuff back than Siri did on my 4S.

Couria adds a quick reply and quick compose. Never have to leave what your doing to text. You can use Activator to have it come up with lets say double tap status bar. But it makes things faster since it won't actually open your messages app. It sends it in the background. Really is much faster when your texting, etc.

Tweaks are what makes jail dealing so worth it. The simple tweaks that Apple for some reason doesn't install in there ios. DeleteAll gives you a button to remove all text messages instead of just one. NoSpot disables spotlight. Etc etc

CallBar is a bar that pops up when you get a call or want to make a call. But it doesn't open the full phone app so you can keep open what you were doing. The bar is for incoming or outgoing calls and pops up like a banner for notification center does.

Also don't add more than lets say 10 total repos counting the ones that come preinstalled on the jailbreak. Insanely, BiteYourApple, ispazio, sinful iphone is all you need to really add and everything is available.

Forecast adds weather on your lockscreen and you don't need to add anything else. It uses your stock weather for info and if you swipe the opposite way than unlocking the phone gives you 5 day forecast and hourly weather into.

SpeedIntensifier and NoslowAnimations speed up the phones animations to make it seem faster. Doesn't drain battery or anything.

I could go on for days

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
[INFO] Please don't post repos that let you download pirated material. Developers work hard to make those tweaks. Support them by paying for their tweaks. Plus, its against iMore Policy. [/INFO]

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
[INFO] Please don't post repos that let you download pirated material. Developers work hard to make those tweaks. Support them by paying for their tweaks. Plus, its against iMore Policy. [/INFO]

Exactly, man I hate it when people say they get cracked apps like one of my co workers has iconoclasm from sinfuliphone and I was like dude!! This is why Android apps suck because everyone wants to get crap for free and not pay the devs what they deserve.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

I BEN I

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
As much as I hate people getting ripped off from their hard work, its never going to change. a majority of people will take what's free all the time

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I pay for all my tweaks. I'm happy to because it supports their hard work.

On topic:

Cloaky. I love this application. It makes it easy to change the status bar and to modify the visual settings. It's a great way to help spoof.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
FakeCarrier - Allows you to change your carrier name to whatever.
Zeppelin - Allows you to change your carrier name to small photographs
LockHTML3 - allows you to mess with your lock screen and add widgets
No status - hides status bar
Lock Screen Tool - Tweak for lock screen. I use it for customizing the Slide to Unlock text.
Cloaky
Dock Shift

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
FakeCarrier - Allows you to change your carrier name to whatever.
Zeppelin - Allows you to change your carrier name to small photographs
LockHTML3 - allows you to mess with your lock screen and add widgets
No status - hides status bar
Lock Screen Tool - Tweak for lock screen. I use it for customizing the Slide to Unlock text.
Cloaky
Dock Shift

Zeppelin can also change the carrier name.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal