Yahoo weather

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice that if you have weather widgets that use yahoo that all it ever shows is fair, cloudy, partly cloudy or mostly cloudy? It never shows rain or snow. It's been snowing her for two hours but all it says is cloudy. Same goes last week when it was raining all day but never changed from cloudy. Very weird. Anyone else notice this??

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice that if you have weather widgets that use yahoo that all it ever shows is fair, cloudy, partly cloudy or mostly cloudy? It never shows rain or snow. It's been snowing her for two hours but all it says is cloudy. Same goes last week when it was raining all day but never changed from cloudy. Very weird. Anyone else notice this??

The iWidgets that I have used so far use the weather code from Yahoo RSS weather feed that starts with US then your state abbreviation such as USCA... I'm in california :) However I think some iWidgets use the weather code that is generated from your zip code which is just a string of numbers Try and replace your location code with another citi just for the heck of it and see what happens. One of the iWidgets I use also gives you the option of updating the weather in different increments ranging from 15 minutes to 1 hour. Could it be the widget your are using has a lengthy refresh rate?

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
No. Yahoo uses a long weather code. The USPA code is accuweather. Each widget I use is set to 15 minutes. The forecast tweak I'm using actually uses the default weather app that says cloudy also. Although it's been snowing for hours!!

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have. That's what I've been complaining about in this thread. It was snowing for 3 days where I'm at and we got about 20 inches. All Yahoo ever said was "Cloudy". Problem is if whatever you're using gets the info from the native weather app it's going to be Yahoo. Nobody seems to know how to alter that...

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
You have to have widget weather installed in order for the correct weather to display. Yahoo code was broke with iOS 7.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
You have to have widget weather installed in order for the correct weather to display. Yahoo code was broke with iOS 7.

when you start out looking up your citi location in yahoo weather then select the extended forecast. Look in the top address bar and you will see the citi code written in the US followed by the state abbreviation but it's not from yahoo as I said ..oops... It's from weather.com

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
when you start out looking up your citi location in yahoo weather then select the extended forecast. Look in the top address bar and you will see the citi code written in the US followed by the state abbreviation but it's not from yahoo as I said ..oops... It's from weather.com

I know how to get the weather code. Not an issue. What I was stating was that iOS 7 broke the way iWidgets, UNiAW, etc.. pulled their info from yahoo

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I know how to get the weather code. Not an issue. What I was stating was that iOS 7 broke the way iWidgets, UNiAW, etc.. pulled their info from yahoo

I was just trying to be helpful to someone who might not know how to find the weather code for their citi

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
How do I setup the widget weather to work with I widgets? There are a lot if options. Do I choose gps? My location?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
How do I setup the widget weather to work with I widgets? There are a lot if options. Do I choose gps? My location?

If you want it to update your location no matter where u are chose gps. If u only want 1 location, say your city, use the woeid.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok. But not to sound stupid but putting code in is the same as putting it in widget correct ? How would the weather be different?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just because I'm me?
I live on the central coast if California so the weather is ALWAYS 72 and sunny. My weather widgets are correct 100% if the time?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Yep. It was snowing here in the Corn Patch all day Saturday and it showed snow.