Jailbroken iPhone

I

iMore Question

Before iOS 7 came out, I had done a tethered jailbreak on my iPhone 4. When iOS 7 came out, I decided I wanted it more than the jailbreak. I was at work and away from my computer with the Redsnow program installed and was impatient (and add a good bit of stupidity in that mix too), so I erased all of the data on the iPhone while it was still jail-broken. I was able to update to the new iOS, but my phone has become very sluggish. I have iFunBox and from that I noticed that my phone was still being shown as being "jailed." After doing some research, I have realized my error. I have tried to restore in iTunes using Recovery Mode and DFU Mode, but it never completes and has errors with restoring the phone.

I am thinking that I need to go back through Redsnow and repeat the jailbreak process. And if this is successful, I should then be able to restore through iTunes. Before I gave this a try, I wanted to see other's opinions of this. Any help is appreciated.

Jeremy

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for being patient for an answer to your question and I sure one of our JB qualified members or staff will answer you as soon as they can. Welcome and than you.:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The thing about this website is that the jail breakers tend to lurk IN the jailbreak section (and not the general Q&A part)...so to get a good answer to this, and maybe someone who has experienced it, it's advisable to post in that section specifically. Personally, I haven't jailbroken any device on iOS 7 because I find the JB build to be sketchy and unpolished...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess I should feel special. I stumped you all with my first question. :biggrin:

No thoughts on this at all?

Are you sure your downloading the proper firmware for your iPhone cause there is 3 for the iPhone 4.

Also custom firmware installs don't work with iTunes 11.1 & up.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPod touch 5th gen using Tapatalk

Jeremy Barker

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
At this point, I am not downloading any firmware. My phone is currently using ios7 and isn't "jailbroken" any more (or so I thought). It wasn't until noticing how slow it was and then installing iFunBox, did I realize my phone was still "Jailed." When trying to do a normal restore in Recovery Mode through iTunes, it fails. When trying it in DFU Mode, it fails.

I am thinking I need to go back through Redsnow, upload the ipsw that I used when I was using iOS 6.1.3, jailbreak it again (sort of) and then go back to iTunes and attempt a Restore again.

It all went awry when I attempted to un-jailbreak my phone by erasing all of the data off of it and then installing iOS 7. :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal