Jailbreak anomalies

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. After spending a good amount of time with Android and her devices I decided to come BACK to iOS due to the hardware, OS, and app quality. I picked up two iPhones and an iPad Air with the intention of jailbreaking at least one of the iPhones to recover some of the customability I'd come to enjoy with Android.

Well, yesterday I went ahead and jailbroke one of the iPhones. An amazingly simple process compared to rooting and installing ROMs in Android. All seemed perfect. So perfect, in fact, that I decided to go and ahead and jailbreak the other iPhone and the iPad Air. Installed some tweaks and all was well. Or at least I thought so.

I noticed on the iPad Air that most of my Apps wouldn't launch all of the sudden. Tracked that down to a bad tweak. This morning I noticed the iPad wouldn't connect to its Belkin bluetooth keyboard and that the phone's touch interface seemed laggy.

Not one for any BS I restored one of the iPhones and the iPad to non JB stock and all is well. I'll wrestle with the remaining iPhone as a learning experience.

My question is if the aforementioned type of behaviour is to be expected with jailbreaking and people just live with it or are the issues really unique to me and perhaps some tweak I'd set?

I'm just trying to learn as much about jailbreaking experiences and such from you guys in order to help me get more savvy.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I already have Winterboard and Springtomize 3, I investigate the other two you noted.

Sent from my 64GB Platinum 5s

sameer kapoor

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I already have Winterboard and Springtomize 3, I investigate the other two you noted.

Sent from my 64GB Platinum 5s

After jailbreaking WINTERBOARD is the main culprit that makes the phone slow but what is the fun of jailbreaking without WINTERBOARD ? Thats why for performance and speed ( including customization ) I am using Nexus 4 along with iphone4 ( I use iphone4 for great sound - camera and ultimate picture clarity .)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
After jailbreaking WINTERBOARD is the main culprit that makes the phone slow but what is the fun of jailbreaking without WINTERBOARD ? Thats why for performance and speed ( including customization ) I am using Nexus 4 along with iphone4 ( I use iphone4 for great sound - camera and ultimate picture clarity .)

I can't install WB. It keeps crashing my phone. I'll install it only to uninstall it an hour or so later because of constant crashing.

Ecologic

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed no negative side effects since jail breaking last week. No slow down either (5s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed no negative side effects since jail breaking last week. No slow down either (5s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed more intolerable affects on the iPad Air than on the iPhone 5s'. The touch-lag may or may not have been due to the jailbreak but the non-jailbroken 5s seems to work just as expected now. However, the jailbroken 5s has all the jailbreak coolness to it now. I think I'll just leave one jailbroken and the other and iPad normal.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Found the problem. If your version of iOS is greater than 7.0 it won't work. Winter board hasn't been updated for iOS 7.0.4 yet.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Found the problem. If your version of iOS is greater than 7.0 it won't work. Winter board hasn't been updated for iOS 7.0.4 yet.

Winterboard works fine for me on my 5S iOS 7.0.4.

This post was made by Tiffany

Winterboard works fine on 7.04. I have no problems

Winterboard has been updated for iOS 7 and arm64 but not everything works on iOS 7.

Saurik was actually thinking about abandoning winterboard cause of how much apple changed the UI in iOS 7.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The problem with this jailbreak is most of the tweaks that other tweaks rely on have not been updated for iOS 7 cause apple change how something works or apple removed what the tweak hocks into.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR